Which balls are used internationally?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I personally love the Butterfly A40+ which was used at the WTTC. Quite similar to the DHS D40+ so I guess that it may be a DHS OEM. Not that common so maybe it was just an experiment by Butterfly to try out a "Made in China" ball to increase profit margins.

The G40+ is extremely common in Sweden since quite a lot of clubs are sponsored by Butterfly. You get used to it. Hard to produce spin but the upside of that is that receiving serves is quite easy.

Our first division is nowadays sponsored by Stiga so their ball is used exclusively (which I suspect is yet another DHS OEM).

This user has no status.
USATT balls for events is either Nittaku, Butterfly or the Joola ball. But around here most people play the Nittaku ball because that's what's most common in tournaments.

Our club uses the DHS D40+ ball. It's more affordable and I think it's vastly superior to the Nittaku ball. I honestly don't really like the Nittaku ball. It's hard as a rock compared to the DHS ball, which is softer with slightly more flex. I've seen the Nittaku ball crack from a bounce off the floor into the wall. It simply doesn't give. It cracks.

Furthermore, because of the slight flex & dwell, I'm convinced the DHS ball spins ever so slightly more.

But I know there are others at club who disagree. Ask 10 different people on this subject and you'll get 10 different opinions.

Exactly what I think. DHS D40+ are much better in every aspect over Nittaku. USATT should be more flexible in considering DHS D40's in the tournaments. Due to this vague reason, many people over at the club refuses to play with D40. I've Butterfly A40 and played with them. Much lighter, better than other ABS balls out there but they are not as good as DHS when it comes to spin.