Mx-p or Mx-s for FH on a zjk alc?

This user has no status.
I changed my BH from H3N to EL-P a few days ago and played it for a few practice sessions. It was a fantastic rubber with speed and spin. But I found that its speed was out of control when I played it on FH side and I had to reduce the hitting force tremendously to prevent the ball from flying all the way out. Lately I've been thinking of changing my FH H3N blue sponge to MX-P or MX-S, but fear that these rubbers will be too fast for my zjk alc. Any suggestion about this rubber changing plan? Are Mx-p and Mx-s more bouncy and speedy than el-p?

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
If you find EL-P fast, I think you should not consider evolution series rubbers. Before I recommend any rubber to you, can you share a vid of your FH and BH gameplay (maybe 3 sets of 11 points); this will help me to give a better opinion.

I changed my BH from H3N to EL-P a few days ago and played it for a few practice sessions. It was a fantastic rubber with speed and spin. But I found that its speed was out of control when I played it on FH side and I had to reduce the hitting force tremendously to prevent the ball from flying all the way out. Lately I've been thinking of changing my FH H3N blue sponge to MX-P or MX-S, but fear that these rubbers will be too fast for my zjk alc. Any suggestion about this rubber changing plan? Are Mx-p and Mx-s more bouncy and speedy than el-p?

This user has no status.
If EL-P feels too fast, then MX-P is definitely too fast for you. Your blade is also very fast so yeah...maybe "downgrade" to a more linear rubber like Vega Pro then work your way up. You'll still have the same speed on loop kills and smashes, but it will be more controllable.

So is it about sponge hardness?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Given what you don't like about ELP, MXP would be worse. I suggest ELS.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Like others have said, MX-P would be the worst of the lot.

However, I think you may find MX-S quite good.

It feels closer to H3N (it is still quicker), but doesn't have as much catapult as some of the softer sponged EVO rubbers (you'll probably prefer it to EL-P).

It's hard to say really - MX-S would be a good option - But there is a chance that all the EVO rubbers will end up being too fast.

Reactions: I have 2 balls
This user has no status.
It would be an expensive option, offering more catapult than your H3 but way less than MX-P - yet you would find similar characteristics in Vega Pro or maybe Stiga Mantra M/H, for a fraction of the cost.

Heard that xiom rubbers have very short life span and need to be replaced consequently.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Heard that xiom rubbers have very short life span and need to be replaced consequently.

Someone else has heard this about Donic, andro, Joola or Tibhar rubbers - but as they´re nearly all from the same factory there is no reason why one brand should have lesser durability than others.

This user has no status.

The Xiom rubbers that I've used have held up pretty well. (Vega Europe DF and Omega V Asia). Much better than Tibhar Evolution rubbers which always seem to flake off on the edges.

If you want the least amount of catapult from a tensor then maybe try Xiom Vega Intro. It's less expensive too.

As far as sponge hardness goes... That depends on whether you impact the ball hard enough to compress the sponge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk