Youth Olympic Games Buenos Aires

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Harimoto is undergoing FH fix at the moment. It could make or break.

Moregard playing well in the league could be a bad thing, especially right before a major tournament. He might peak too soon.

Lin Yun-ju says his form is quite good but does not have any expectation if he runs into Harimoto, citing his loss 5/6 years ago.

The Greek kid with that long name could be a dark horse here as he beat Moregard in the EJTTC final.

Things not going well for Sun Yingsha either. Li Sun has recently punished her for not giving her all and criticized her coach Wang Haicheng for having a part in this.

Reactions: Danny21312
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Lost stream. Glad the ITTV experience is continuing in the YOG streaming as well. TT streaming is cursed. Heaven forbid if anyone is allowed to watch and enjoy the experience

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Sorry, I never know how to embed videos from a mobile but here was a game between Truls and Bastien Rembert in the qualifying rounds:

https://youtu.be/yAUtbt9MQqI

He's been on a healthy rise for the past year:

http://www.fftt.com/site/personnes/rembert-bastien

I honestly didn't know about him before I saw his name in the seedings, it'll be interesting to see how he fares (haven't checked early results yet, if any).

Jan 2018
Moregard gave up so many points on receiving.

Jan 2018
Moregard shows clear lack stability. Harimoto would easily gobble him for breakfast in this form.

A wake up call indeed. Who knows what would've happened if he lost the 4th game...

This user has no status.
Truls usually struggles in his first match of big tournaments. For example his first and only match at the WTTC this year he was down 2-0 against a lower ranked Egyptian player but showed great mental toughness by coming back to win 2-3. Similar thing happend in his first of match of ETTC this year where he was up 3-0 against a much lower ranked Turkish player but then he managed to come back to 3-3, but then in the last set Truls beat him like 11-3 or 11-2 or something. I would consider this match against the Argentine player not nearly as bad as the matches i mentioned above since he only managed to take a 1 set from Truls and it was a really close one.

Last edited:
Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
A Diaz 4-1

Table infamiliarity must be a problem. They looked like USATT level 2000 players.
The Italian girl looked like she was playing with long pips on backhand which made the rallies look lower level than they actually were. Adriana adjusted very well to change of pace, twiddling of the pips.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Cho Daesong is not being taken seriously and can cause some upsets.
Cho DS lost 1-4 to Vladimir Sidorenko of Russia.

In group D, Lin Yun Ju is 2-0, Vladimir and Cho DS are both 1-1 after today's matches. Tomorrow, Cho DS plays against Lin Yun Ju while Vladimir plays against boy from Thailand that lost both his matches today.

Top 2 from each group advance to knock out stage. Doesn't look good for Cho DS to advance from the group.

Reactions: akoozab