Youth Olympic Games Buenos Aires

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
I don't think she was using long pips, maybe anti spin.
Could be anti, I only caught a small part of the match. If anti, I don't think it was a frictionless anti as ball didn't seem to have much reversal on it. Regardless, it isn't inverted or short pips resulting in a lower level looking game. Adriana Diaz is at least USATT 2500.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Could be anti, I only caught a small part of the match. If anti, I don't think it was a frictionless anti as ball didn't seem to have much reversal on it. Regardless, it isn't inverted or short pips resulting in a lower level looking game. Adriana Diaz is at least USATT 2500.

It must be the table, been watching 2 guys playing now, at least at A Diaz level. They look like 2200.

This user has no status.
Truls usually struggles in his first match of big tournaments. For example his first and only match at the WTTC this year he was down 2-0 against a lower ranked Egyptian player but showed great mental toughness by coming back to win 2-3. Similar thing happend in his first of match of ETTC this year where he was up 3-0 against a much lower ranked Turkish player but then he managed to come back to 3-3, but then in the last set Truls beat him like 11-3 or 11-2 or something. I would consider this match against the Argentine player not nearly as bad as the matches i mentioned above since he only managed to take a 1 set from Truls and it was a really close one.

I think it's a mental thing. I notice Moregard gets frustrated easily. I remember when he lost to Xue Fei last year, he was so frustrated by Xue Fei's serves and played really badly. But he has gotten much better at calming down and has improved every aspect of his game this year.

This user has no status.
My money is on Wang Chuqin for gold. Ever since Asian Games, Wang has matured significantly. Just saw him play recently in China National Championship. Even though he lost to Liang Jingqun (who went on to win gold) 2-4, Wang fought hard until the last point and played superbly. If Wang Chuqin can perform at the same level as he did in China National Championship, he can take gold.

Reactions: Gladxu
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
My money is on Wang Chuqin for gold. Ever since Asian Games, Wang has matured significantly. Just saw him play recently in China National Championship. Even though he lost to Liang Jingqun (who went on to win gold) 2-4, Wang fought hard until the last point and played superbly. If Wang Chuqin can perform at the same level as he did in China National Championship, he can take gold.

I agree but it is never all about you but also about your competition. There are 4 CNT level players in the draw, including himself, so performing at that level just puts him in the mix.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Cho DS lost 1-4 to Vladimir Sidorenko of Russia.

In group D, Lin Yun Ju is 2-0, Vladimir and Cho DS are both 1-1 after today's matches. Tomorrow, Cho DS plays against Lin Yun Ju while Vladimir plays against boy from Thailand that lost both his matches today.

Top 2 from each group advance to knock out stage. Doesn't look good for Cho DS to advance from the group.

Sidorenko is a good player though I am a bit surprised. I guess Cho wasn't as good as I thought a Korean rep would be for whatever reason.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
ittfworld_BoscwJjAxdz.jpgittfworld_BoscwJkgq0C.jpg

Reactions: jawien
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I see some major upsets in store here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Ning Jing (unknown to me) lost 3-4 to TPE Su Pei-Ling (a very good player) and beat Romanian Dragoman
Diaz should be the more mature and experienced player, but I think Ning Jing has a chance to make the SF from her leg.

Harimto should have an easy road to SF and will need to see the form of Lin Yun-ju (have wins over Chuang Chih Yuan and some CNT members)

seems both will be JPN vs China final

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Ning Jing (unknown to me) lost 3-4 to TPE Su Pei-Ling (a very good player) and beat Romanian Dragoman
Diaz should be the more mature and experienced player, but I think Ning Jing has a chance to make the SF from her leg.

Harimto should have an easy road to SF and will need to see the form of Lin Yun-ju (have wins over Chuang Chih Yuan and some CNT members)

I didn't follow those young CNT guys lately, how do you see Wang against Truls (if they meet of course) ?

Last edited:
This user has no status.

Ning Jing is 2 times European Junior Champion.

This user has no status.
i have heard before, but she is still unknown to me
I do realise Europes junior girls category is quite week
what happen to your top tier 1 TT countries in junior girls tt?
Romania, Germany?

European women's table tennis is weak in general and has been forever. Not sure of the reasons compared to the men's

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
European women's table tennis is weak in general and has been forever. Not sure of the reasons compared to the men's
In the vast majority of clubs, it is mostly men playing. The disparity probably exists across the planet but it looks worse in Europe, TT just not attractive enough to women and certainly not as a career prospect.