• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 26
    1. Top | #1
      TableTennisDaily is online now
      says World Cup Semi Finals have
      commenced!
       
      Administrator Country: England
      TableTennisDaily's Avatar

      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Location
      London
      Posts
      3,850
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 5,833 Times in 1,670 Posts

      Zhang Jike's watch collection is insane!

      Hey guys,

      Recently Zhang Jike attended some events and what stood out in particular were the watches he was wearing. Check them out below!

      Combined all of the watches cost well over £300,000!

      Who said you couldn't earn money from playing Table Tennis?!








    2. The Following 4 Users Like TableTennisDaily's Post:

      Giangt (10-02-2018),Gladxu (10-02-2018),ping fun (10-02-2018),TTHopeful (10-02-2018)

    3. Top | #2
      yoass is offline
      says modestly attempting kōhaiship
      of Jeul-Tak
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Netherlands
      yoass's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Vanity II (D.A.b Studio Custom)
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Rozena, T05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Rozena, Gewo Nanoflex FT48

      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Tiel, The Netherlands
      Posts
      1,048
      Reviews
      Read 5 Reviews
      Liked 1,084 Times in 573 Posts
      I'd call it obscene rather than insane, but well, that's because I happen to think scarcity actually exists, and resource depletion is a thing we should start getting worried about. Or rather, we should have started doing something about decades ago already. But hey, let's hear it for the big spender. He who burns the largest area of rainforest wins!
      Last edited by yoass; 10-02-2018 at 02:32 PM.

    4. The Following 3 Users Like yoass's Post:

      bircham boi (10-03-2018),Ilia Minkin (10-02-2018),Mtcollins (10-03-2018)

    5. Top | #3
      Ilia Minkin is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Russian Federation

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Intensity NCT
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 (National)
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-P

      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      1,614
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 1,890 Times in 910 Posts
      Looks like he is an EJ

    6. The Following 2 Users Like Ilia Minkin's Post:

      JST (10-02-2018),romanzdk (10-02-2018)

    7. Top | #4
      Jimbob MacInbred is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: North Korea
      Jimbob MacInbred's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Tibhar Akkad
      Forehand Rubber Xiom Vega China
      Backhand Rubber Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48

      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Location
      Kim-Il-Sung Square, Pyongyang
      Posts
      187
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 197 Times in 107 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Ilia Minkin View Post
      Looks like he is an EJ
      EJ as in Enormous Jerk... sorry for the little pun, however I have to agree with yoass wholeheartedly.
      Zhang Jike was spectacular as a player during his peak years, but I have rather big problems respecting people like this characterwise...300 grand could feed a lot of dogs and cats in animal asylums...just my 2 cents.

    8. Top | #5
      Danggi is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Thailand


      Join Date
      May 2014
      Posts
      17
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
      He is a investor

    9. Top | #6
      Gladxu is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: China


      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Posts
      55
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 69 Times in 42 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob MacInbred View Post
      EJ as in Enormous Jerk... sorry for the little pun, however I have to agree with yoass wholeheartedly.
      Zhang Jike was spectacular as a player during his peak years, but I have rather big problems respecting people like this characterwise...300 grand could feed a lot of dogs and cats in animal asylums...just my 2 cents.
      You think He is Jerk just because he is soending HIS money on what he likes? So we have lots of jerks . Like messi , Ronaldo , and other rich oeople . who spend lots of money for watch and cars . But also Zhang Jike helps lots of children and also was a member of a plan for helping wild animals . So I think now I know who is Jerk here

    10. The Following User Likes Gladxu's Post:

      ping fun (10-02-2018)

    11. Top | #7
      Xylit is offline
      says ┌П┐(°_°)┌П┐
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Germany

      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Tiago Apolonia ZLC
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 64

      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Posts
      480
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 631 Times in 268 Posts
      He has enough money, why not? Besides I think he gets a lot of his stuff for free from sponsors that use him as an advertising surface.

    12. The Following 2 Users Like Xylit's Post:

      ping fun (10-02-2018),romanzdk (10-02-2018)

    13. Top | #8
      JHB is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: England
      JHB's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1 FH
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH

      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Location
      Buckinghamshire
      Posts
      377
      Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 177 Times in 118 Posts
      His watches appear to be a taste-free zone, although the AP are slightly better than the Richard Mille. Danggi is probably quite right that they are an investment though, he'll almost certainly be able to sell them on for $$$$ if he looks after them. Hopefully if/when he grows up a bit he'll discover brands like Patek Phillipe, Panerai and IWC !

      Yes I am a bit of a watch freak but I don't have the money to indulge !!
      Second/spare blade: Joola K7 with Tibhar Evolution MX-P (forehand) and MX-S (backhand)

    14. Top | #9
      ping fun is offline
      says 张继科 一个 传说
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Iran
      ping fun's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Primorac carbon
      Forehand Rubber Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku Fastarc c-1

      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Tabriz
      Posts
      1,249
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 1,482 Times in 670 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by TableTennisDaily View Post
      Hey guys,

      Recently Zhang Jike attended some events and what stood out in particular were the watches he was wearing. Check them out below!

      Combined all of the watches cost well over £300,000!

      Who said you couldn't earn money from playing Table Tennis?!







      Hey dan ! Thanks for your thread . I have posted about his watch in zhang jike thread . Yes he's in love with watches and has a good taste in them .
      Reading some of the first posts really feel surprised . He's got money and he can spend where ever he wants . He has helped enough to poor and needy people especially kids . So please dont act like a ....... .

      IF U GOT IT , FLAUNT IT .

    15. Top | #10
      TTHopeful is offline
      says Dima... Amazing...
       
      Master TTD Member Country: England
      TTHopeful's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Waldner Carbon
      Forehand Rubber Hurricane 3
      Backhand Rubber Tenergy 05

      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Posts
      2,030
      Reviews
      Read 19 Reviews
      Liked 790 Times in 521 Posts
      Do other players wear watches? What does Ma Long wear? Very expensive watches from zjk !

    16. Top | #11
      yogi_bear is online now
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Feel AX; Stiga Nostalgia All+
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO Provincial
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Sigma II Pro; Stiga Mantra H

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      1,546
      Reviews
      Read 69 Reviews
      Liked 887 Times in 531 Posts
      I hope he is still rich after retiring.

    17. Top | #12
      ping fun is offline
      says 张继科 一个 传说
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Iran
      ping fun's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Primorac carbon
      Forehand Rubber Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku Fastarc c-1

      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Tabriz
      Posts
      1,249
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 1,482 Times in 670 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear View Post
      I hope he is still rich after retiring.
      Actually He got most of his wealth from publicity for Companies .

    18. Top | #13
      Suga D is offline
      says Chippa and a choppa to the
      Hippa and the Hoppa
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Europe
      Suga D's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Killton
      Forehand Rubber BH BTY Tenergy05
      Backhand Rubber FH DHS Hurricane 3 Neo

      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      3rd rock from the sun
      Posts
      2,911
      Reviews
      Read 5 Reviews
      Liked 3,601 Times in 1,844 Posts
      Well, my point would be that i've seen people whose families are rich since decades, centuries or even ages and wouldn't find the need to run around with the fanciest stuff and show off how much they've spent.
      You mostly find this behaviour from new parvenues and other upcomers. Someone who owns enough for ages doesn't find it interesting to let the world know how much they really have.

      Now that being said, i got raised to never envy other people's achievements. You simply never know how much he/she has done to make that achievement.
      And basically they don't need anyone worrying what they do with their money. In fact i think it's neither my business nor anyone else's. So if that person worked his a** off or sold bis soul to the devil.
      Still not my business.
      Just my 2ct

    19. Top | #14
      Tinykin is offline
      says , "the older I get, the
      craftier I become"
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: UK
      Tinykin's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom feel ZX1
      Forehand Rubber Stigma Mantra M red
      Backhand Rubber Stigma Mantra M black

      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      England
      Posts
      1,010
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 822 Times in 396 Posts

      I am the two-watch kid

      Quote Originally Posted by JHB View Post
      His watches appear to be a taste-free zone, although the AP are slightly better than the Richard Mille. Danggi is probably quite right that they are an investment though, he'll almost certainly be able to sell them on for $$$$ if he looks after them. Hopefully if/when he grows up a bit he'll discover brands like Patek Phillipe, Panerai and IWC !

      Yes I am a bit of a watch freak but I don't have the money to indulge !!
      Sorry but I have to disagree. Too much snob appeal with those brands plus very little style innovation, except for the Panerai

      Wrist check: As I type, these occupy my wrists, yes wristsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Tuna.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	17576
      Oversized and heavy for my small wrists but I like them.
      Off-topic:
      Believe it or not, I wear them during TT matches. In an evening league match of three rubbers, I average 6200steps. That's about 2 miles of walking.

      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gear S4.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	17575
      My table tennis club in Bristol, England
      http://bristol-cssc-tabletennis.weebly.com/

    20. The Following User Likes Tinykin's Post:

      JHB (10-02-2018)

    21. Top | #15
      JHB is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: England
      JHB's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1 FH
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH

      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Location
      Buckinghamshire
      Posts
      377
      Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 177 Times in 118 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Tinykin View Post
      Sorry but I have to disagree. Too much snob appeal with those brands plus very little style innovation, except for the Panerai

      Wrist check: As I type, these occupy my wrists, yes wristsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Tuna.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	17576
      Oversized and heavy for my small wrists but I like them.
      Off-topic:
      Believe it or not, I wear them during TT matches. In an evening league match of three rubbers, I average 6200steps. That's about 2 miles of walking.

      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gear S4.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	17575
      Yup, Seiko is my choice too - an automatic diver and a kinetic, worn turn and turn about. I can't cope with a watch or anything else on my playing arm though.

      Maybe not Patek then, chose that mainly as an example of more understated bling. My primary requirement of a watch is that I can read it without putting my glasses on, hence Panerai and IWC. I'd add Bremont to that list too.

    22. Top | #16
      Tinykin is offline
      says , "the older I get, the
      craftier I become"
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: UK
      Tinykin's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom feel ZX1
      Forehand Rubber Stigma Mantra M red
      Backhand Rubber Stigma Mantra M black

      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      England
      Posts
      1,010
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 822 Times in 396 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by JHB View Post
      Yup, Seiko is my choice too - an automatic diver and a kinetic, worn turn and turn about. I can't cope with a watch or anything else on my playing arm though.

      Maybe not Patek then, chose that mainly as an example of more understated bling. My primary requirement of a watch is that I can read it without putting my glasses on, hence Panerai and IWC. I'd add Bremont to that list too.
      Mine too, sadly. Plus can I read it in the dark, hence the need for a nice Lume.

    23. The Following User Likes Tinykin's Post:

      JHB (10-02-2018)

    24. Top | #17
      ping fun is offline
      says 张继科 一个 传说
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Iran
      ping fun's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Primorac carbon
      Forehand Rubber Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku Fastarc c-1

      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Tabriz
      Posts
      1,249
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 1,482 Times in 670 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Suga D View Post
      Well, my point would be that i've seen people whose families are rich since decades, centuries or even ages and wouldn't find the need to run around with the fanciest stuff and show off how much they've spent.
      You mostly find this behaviour from new parvenues and other upcomers. Someone who owns enough for ages doesn't find it interesting to let the world know how much they really have.

      Now that being said, i got raised to never envy other people's achievements. You simply never know how much he/she has done to make that achievement.
      And basically they don't need anyone worrying what they do with their money. In fact i think it's neither my business nor anyone else's. So if that person worked his a** off or sold bis soul to the devil.
      Still not my business.
      Just my 2ct
      I think most of the athletes werent rich from the start , as you say they tried so hard and gave up other things like being away from family and blah blah to got what they have now . Also I dont think zjk is showing every one that he got expensive watches or saying hey guys see my watch or see my car or .... He just wears theses watches , even the richest people wears watch on their wrist So what can he do ? No one really knows how much he got . He nvr send his car photos or other asset . These are just fans collections . He nvr wear strang clothes even maybe simpler than us . He even never send anything about his girfriend and has kept people away from his private life too but any way people are curious about every details of his life in china or other countries to see what he wears and where he goes .
      Last edited by ping fun; 10-02-2018 at 07:12 PM.

    25. The Following User Likes ping fun's Post:

      Gladxu (10-03-2018)

    26. Top | #18
      ping fun is offline
      says 张继科 一个 传说
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Iran
      ping fun's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Primorac carbon
      Forehand Rubber Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku Fastarc c-1

      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Tabriz
      Posts
      1,249
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 1,482 Times in 670 Posts
      Also Dan has missed other watches :

      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_2018-08-24_19-11-34.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	17577

      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_2018-08-24_19-11-29.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	17578

    27. Top | #19
      darucla is offline
      says I actually do drink...wine.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Europe
      darucla's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade DHS H301
      Forehand Rubber Loki GTX Pro
      Backhand Rubber Hurricane 3 Nat.BS Black

      Join Date
      Dec 2016
      Location
      Norfolk
      Posts
      169
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 142 Times in 68 Posts
      May be someone has a pic showing that they are really Rolex with sponsor's faces...or is that FZD?

    28. Top | #20
      talbon is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Christmas Island


      Join Date
      Mar 2017
      Posts
      126
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 157 Times in 69 Posts
      I would pick up the watches in store, then use the shipping money on a sheet of tenergy.
      Rich AND smart.

      ╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ ˂ᵒ͜͡ᵏᵎ⁾✩

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP