Who do you think will win the Men's World Cup?

• Fan Zhendong

Votes: 55 74.3%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lee Sangsu

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

• Wong Chun Ting

• Hugo Calderano

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Simon Gauzy

• Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
When the cut-ins are more exciting to watch than the match.

This user has no status.
The US dominates basketball and yet most younger Chinese overwhelmingly prefers watching the NBA over table tennis.
I'm not trying to argue with you, just to prove a point. Just because one country dominates a sport, does not make it boring to watch.

Case in point, FZD, Xu Xin, Ma Long, Wang Hao, Ma Lin are all Chinese players, but each has very unique style. I enjoy watching them all. I don't let the fact that they are all Chinese get in the way of me enjoying the sport.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Everyone seemed to be slipping on the flooring there several times a match..

Except for FZD of course, he was floating over it.

Reactions: matzreenzi
Everyone seemed to be slipping on the flooring there several times a match..

Except for FZD of course, he was floating over it.

Its a problem of the shoes, not the flooring.
Use the most ordinary textile chnese sneakers and you'll never slip and scratch.

This user has no status.
Is it just me or is FZD tactically more like Ma Long now?
During the match with Lin Gaoyuan, it was really obvious that FZD had trouble in the first two games.
But from the third game on, FZD found LGY's weakness. He basically served short to LGY's middle and FH side. LGY had no real answer to that and lost the match quickly after.
This is something that Ma Long and Timo Boll do exceptionally well--identifying an opponent's weakness and ruthlessly exploiting it.
I'm really surprised to see FZD employing the tactic so effectively when he's still so young. Kudos to FZD on the victory and his growth. I wonder how much better he will get.

Reactions: alas26
This user has no status.
The number of times Fan Zhendong served long at World Cup 2018: 0.
Nope, still the good old stubborn Fan Zhendong.

Agreed, though there were quite a few half long serves against Boll, which were brilliant. Boll had some trouble returning quality attacks or good short returns on those serves. FZD is smart enough to not serve long against LGY though. Dima tested the water with LGY with fast long serves late game... Let's just say that the result was less than satisfactory for Dima.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Its a problem of the shoes, not the flooring.
Use the most ordinary textile chnese sneakers and you'll never slip and scratch.

I don't think so. Look at the games there, in almost every game you have people slipping and even falling sometimes.
There was definitely something off with their flooring. I've never seen anything like that in tournaments before outside of like, a local school-gym tournament.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
I don't think so. Look at the games there, in almost every game you have people slipping and even falling sometimes.
There was definitely something off with their flooring. I've never seen anything like that in tournaments before outside of like, a local school-gym tournament.

All the players wear a shoe made for TT. My experience, slipping doesn't happen unless there is a problem with the floor, usually means a little dust, could have got on the shoes from the walk to the court, need to wipe the shoes before playing with a wet rag.

Last edited: