Sponge

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
anyone know where to get the white sponge you glue with and a massive amount of it for cheap ? and one of those clip things to go with it for cheap or a alternative ?

The sponges and clips are easy enough to get hold of in small amounts from any decent TT supplier, but how you'd go about acquiring industrial quantities of the sponges is a very good question ! Is it worth giving someone like OOAK a call and asking if there's a wholesale supplier anywhere useful ? As for an alternative to the clips, I would think a common or garden office bulldog clip woulld do just as good a job !

Reactions: thomas.pong
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I tried to find those little sponges for you on aliexpress but couldn't find em.

Can anyone else find? Perhaps someone with a chinese keyboard?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
A nice source of small-celled sponge is from the cosmetics section of any department store. The local Daiso sells a variety of sizes. Another possibility is polyurethane sponge from the kitchen cleaning department (this is often sold as "magic sponge"). Since it's mildly abrasive I don't suggest using it to clean rubber sheets though it does work for water-based rubber glue. I don't use any of these since I use Elmer's Rubber Cement (there's a nice brush under the cap). There's absolutely no way my bats will ever have to go through VOC testing. Clips? Maybe small bulldog clips, or just cut your sponge bigger..

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Baal posted this here a while ago.

You can buy these things at Home Depot or on Amazon. They are awesome. They are cheap. About $10 for a case of 48. You don't get glue on your fingers and the handle on the brush gives you a lot of control, more than you ever get with the clips. Also the shape of the sponge gives a really even layer of glue on the rubber or blade. It is like the things were made for table tennis. If Butterfly sold them they would be $5 each.

You can get them here. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Jen-1-in-Poly-Foam-Brush-48-Case-4251/205034118

or here

http://www.amazon.com/Jen-Manufacturing-Poly-Foam-Brush/dp/B00002N6GA

a6c171bc-b06d-435a-ab94-fda117620dcd_400.jpg

This here was the thread.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?11345-Fantastic-foam-brush-for-gluing-rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
A nice source of small-celled sponge is from the cosmetics section of any department store. The local Daiso sells a variety of sizes. Another possibility is polyurethane sponge from the kitchen cleaning department (this is often sold as magic sponge.

Reactions: splasher78
Correction the sponges are 45 cents a piece. And like others said you can pretty much use a household cleaning sponge preferably ones with a smooth surface and smaller pores just don't use a microfiber sponge the fiber hairs will make a mess of the glue layer. You want a smooth layer of glue when applying on both blade and sponge side of rubber. Hope this helps.