TT after 30 years! Need advice for DEF/ALL Bat

This user has no status.
Hello to all,

Nice to see such a forum for table tennis, happy to be here. I need your advice about a bat I would like to build for DEF & ALL play. I has playing TT in a team in Greece for 4 years, when I was 12-16 years old but I had to stop it, and now, ~30 years after, I started it again as a sport. Back then, I was a DEF player so I would like to continue from this point. Rules, balls, bats, rubbers style of play etc where very different back then so as I am "newbie" again and I need your help to choose the right bat. I was an intermediate player at that time.

I have read a lot and I am thinking of this:
blade: Stiga Defensive NCT
def rubber: TSP Super Spinpips Chop 2, 1.4 - 1.7, [black] (BH)
all around rubber: Yasaka Rakza 7, 1.8 [red] (FH)

I don't want to spend a lot of money for the moment so ~100Euros (~120 USD) is the top for me at the moment just for the bat.

Is this any good? Do you have any recommendations? My only concern is that this bat might be for more advanced players.

Thank you all in advance :)

This user has no status.
Today was the my third training session after 30 years without hitting any ball. Gone fine, and played two matches against two teenagers that have 2 years and 4 years of training. Gone extremely well; one game lost 2-1 and the other won 2-1, all the moves are getting back to my hand. Need to work the legs, they are slow. Many many chops FH and BH, few but very good top spins. The bat I am using is a $20 Stiga 3star pre-build, "junk" as the coach said.

After talking to my coach he proposed this:
Donic Defplay Senso V3
TSP Super Spinpips Chop 2, 1.4 - 1.7mm
Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft, 1.8mm

Just order it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Haha you can soon start your own club!

How is the racket working for you?

Reactions: tzifos
This user has no status.
Today was the my third training session after 30 years without hitting any ball. Gone fine, and played two matches against two teenagers that have 2 years and 4 years of training. Gone extremely well; one game lost 2-1 and the other won 2-1, all the moves are getting back to my hand. Need to work the legs, they are slow. Many many chops FH and BH, few but very good top spins. The bat I am using is a $20 Stiga 3star pre-build, "junk" as the coach said.

After talking to my coach he proposed this:
Donic Defplay Senso V3
TSP Super Spinpips Chop 2, 1.4 - 1.7mm
Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft, 1.8mm

Just order it.

Looks like a good choice from your coach. Are you more of an attacker on your forehand or switch it up?

Have you watched your countryman?

https://youtu.be/rYCwRacNwNg

Good player to watch for your style. Also check out Chen Weixing and Ruwen Filus.

This user has no status.
Haha you can soon start your own club!

How is the racket working for you?
Not a chance... these kids the just started to learn! I have MUCH to learn too, not much of a coach but I can teach them 2-3 basic things. I am already thinking of buyin a cheap, basic Tibhar robot (~200Euros) for my training and theirs! Time will show! :)

This user has no status.
Looks like a good choice from your coach. Are you more of an attacker on your forehand or switch it up?

Have you watched your countryman?

https://youtu.be/rYCwRacNwNg

Good player to watch for your style. Also check out Chen Weixing and Ruwen Filus.
My FH Rakza 7 Soft is SUPERB! I can easily kill with spin/topspin, and I can FH CHOP with it!

My weakness is the BH chop is incosistent, I am trying to fix it. I can chop "difficult" balls easily, and I can mess up "easy" balls. Spinpips Chop II is not easy, I have a lot of work to do! I am even thinking of changing it to an easier long pips rubber like DHS C7 or Yinhe Neptune. But this Spinpips Chop II can be used easily for BH attacks. So...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The kids would like a robot!

Try moving more so you Do the same chop all the time. Footwork is important for consistency.

I often play a chopper. Eveytime he comes wrong he either miss or make an easy ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Yeap, my coach also says so! I know it too. Footwork is very important and I must work hard. But also short pips are very very tricky for chopping

Do you use short pips now? must be easier and safer to start with long pimple. Some long pimples have okay grip so you can still make your own spin.

This user has no status.
Yes, TSP Super Spinpips Chop 2 are short pips. This is my BH rubber:
J8MCoh.jpgkZ3S0h.jpg

Note, the above photos are not mine, my bat came pre-assembled from tt11.com

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Why are you using short pips? feel that you make it more difficult for you if you have not practiced for a while.

This user has no status.
Try the new Stiga Defensive Classic. It chops very easily with an LP.
I am not thinking of changing the bat, I am very happy with Donic Defplay Senso.

I am thinking of a good cheap robot, and there is an "offer" for a Tibhar RoboPro Junior+ robot, together with two boxes of training balls (Tibhar Basic 40+ SYNTT NG, 144 in total) for 239Euros. I think it is a very good offer from http://www.contra.de

8151_0.jpg

This user has no status.
It is an AMDT Y&T B3 robot, rebranded as "Tibhar" with an extra "screen" in front. See https://www.megaspin.net/store/default.asp?pid=amdt-b3-bundle . Simple and sturdy. I have read good reviews. With the budget I had two options, this, or the HP-07 Table Tennis Robot (check ebay.com). With HP-07 you can manually (by hand) rotate the "head" and be able to add sidespin to the top/bottom spin* but I preffered the "well known" name of Tibhar/Y&T than this "no-name" HP-07 even without the side-spin capability.

* You need to stop it, rotate the head and start it again.