Rubbers for Viscaria

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I'm looking for rubbers to place on my new blade: Viscaria (88gr).

I played for 10y, last 4y played with Primorac Carbon, I stopped for 8y and went back to play 2y ago with the same blade but with a pair of t80 and new plastic balls. At first I felt it too fast and heavy (195gr), unpredictable and sometimes uncontrollable and very sensitive to humidity. Nowadays I like it because I'm used to it, but I keep looking for a blade with more control and feeling, so I bought the Viscaria.

I know that changing blade and rubber suddenly can be counterproductive, but neither does it make me special to buy t80 for fh and bh again.
I like to play close and halfway from the table, my game is based on loops because I was never particularly good at blocking but with bh I play more passively than the fh.

Do you think it could be a good option to continue with t80? since I've played again I have not experimented with other rubbers.
Other options that I am considering are t05 fh/bh or t05-fh t80-bh.

Maybe alternative rubber beside tenergy? I'm open to any sugestions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Do you think it could be a good option to continue with t80?

If you´re used to it it should give you "more control" instantly when switching from Primorac Carbon to Viscaria.

Maybe alternative rubber beside tenergy?

Well, it´s difficult. There is something about these tenergy rubbers ... I still think if it wasn´t for the pricing, many people who now loathe Butterfly secretly wish they´d still play tenergy.
You might of course arrive at something after a tedious testing phase, and the German technology has produced some exceptionally good rubbers (which still don´t "feel" like tenergy ...).
What really comes close in my eyes is the Stiga Mantra series.

But maybe you´d best stick to what you´re used to and see what it does on the Viscaria.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Tibhar evolution MXP comes pretty close to tenergy 05 (or so everyone keeps telling me)

That is the problem. Yes, many players have switched, since MX-P is good enough to play with and cheaper. The marketing was exceptionally well planned, otherwise less people would´ve switched (although the rubber would have been the same).

But the unique feeling of t05 is not matched, also MX-P has more catapult.

So if someone goes for "good enough" at half the price, MX-P is one way to go. But "pretty close", I don´t think so. That I really see in Mantra M.

Reactions: JST
My advice to the OP is to keep with the rubbers he is used to. Though for the style he describes T80is good for his BH, but T05 would be better for the FH.
Every rubber has its unique featers, not only T05. T05 may be considered the "best ever", but even if it may be true for the majority, it doesn't mean that it would be the best for you. For me the worst thing for a player is to follow marketing trends or to copy the best players setups.
So to the OP - play with what you are used to, but do a seriuos approach trying as much different setups as you can put your hands on. And don't fix on the idea that your current rubbers suits you the best and that you have to look for pretty close substitutes - it may be true, but while you don't have experience with other kind of rubbers, most probably its not.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Thank you for all your comments.

In my club everyone uses tenergy...so I have a hard time trying out another brands before final decision, even so I'm sure that rubbers like mx-p could fit well especially in fh.

I have decided that I will continue with tenergy. That's why I'm going to try to put t05fh/t80bh (both already used), see how I feel and then decide to buy the new ones.

I do not want to buy new rubbers without trying them before. And I do not want to buy 2 new t80 without trying at least the 05 before. This will lengthen the adaptation process to the viscaria so in the next tournaments I will continue using Primorac Carbon.

It is the most expensive but the simplest decision for me, for your comments I see that there are too many alternatives that would work with the viscaria... and it's quite difficult for me to decide only with the tenergy haha