Current short pip forehand players?

says yes, I did thanks. I've just sent an email with the...
says yes, I did thanks. I've just sent an email with the...
Aug 2017

I am a forehand short pimple player. Any tips? To bad that the sound is off.

Looks good to me, looks like those pips can also generate plenty spin though, what pips are you using?

I'm thinking about picking up some rakza PO for my fh

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Well I guess there are different styles that use more or less spin. Could be the high follow through that is throwing me off. But dont the real flat smashes usually go more straight through? It doesn't look like the receiver is having to adjust much compared to blocking top spins. Is it a newer tensor pip? Those use more of the hybrid style between a loop drive and smash I think. More spin than the classic low grip pips certainly

I think the blade Timo Boll spirit have some dwell time so the ball will go all little higher. Played with Mazunov before, then the ball went more straight. I have haifu dolphin. It is a grippy short pimple so i get some spin :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Looks good to me, looks like those pips can also generate plenty spin though, what pips are you using?

I'm thinking about picking up some rakza PO for my fh

I play with haifu dolphin. I like the rubber! Pretty grippy, so i can generate some spin. Have tried Rakza PO once before. I think it is to soft, but it may be good to start with since i believe it is more like a inverted rubber compared to haifu Dolphin. But Mattias Falck(Karlsson) play with it so it cant be bad :) . What is your reason to play short pimple on forehand? No spin? Short pimple is difficult in the beginning, but fun! :) If you post some video with you using short pimple, i might can help with the technique :) Good luck!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Mattias falck is a top player using sp on fh. He is currently at world rank no 12.
His equipment:
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO
BH : Yasaka Rakza X
Blade : Yasaka Ma Lin soft carbon st

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think these guys could already by mentioned and it may be hard to find footage of some of the players.

Mattias Falck, Zhan Jian, Teng Yi, Yang min, Jesus Cantero, He Zhi Wen, Yan Sheng, Qian Cheng, Sushmit Sriram, Liu Gouliang, Sun Jian, Anton Andersson, Jonathan Thimon, Wang Jianfeng, An Shu, Jesus Canteros coach what is his name?, Wang zeng Yi, the coach from Fulda, A guy from Australia with first name A and last name A something but he is not very good i think.

I cant come up with more names now. I think you can find old chinese players that play this way, there are som pretty okay players like me and more that play this way in Sweden. Falck effect maybe and i think we have som coaches that know alot about equipment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
What's the main driver behind using SP for FH?

Why do people use it? I think that if you try to learn to make spin with the forehand, but it do not work out any good and you have a more natural flathit compared to the loop maybe short pimple can be a good alternative since you smash with short pimple instad of making spinny loops. I also would think some players think it is fun to us short pimple.

For me personal i worked alot on the forehand loop, but i did not became satisfied so it was not fun anymore so i decided to try short pimple instead and it worked pretty okay and was fun. Now when i have played with it for so long i can find it frustrating hard to kill the ball if i try a inverted rubber.

But i do think inverted rubbers is much easier to use than all sort of pimples so it may take longer time to become good with pimples. Atleast short pimple were it is crucial to hit the ball at the highest point and be very explosive. It is difficult to become safe with short pimple and i think more training is needed to become safe with it.