World Rankings by forum members

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Watching Niwa Koki play is like watching a man gamble. He either wins an amazing point, or the ball flies wildly away from the table. His style is too high risk. I think Mizutani offers a more entertaining style, with longer rallies and high lobs.

TT would be the most popular sport on the planet if everyone played like Mr Niwa (Niwa? Never quite get what is the last name with East Asian names. Pardon Japan.)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
TT would be the most popular sport on the planet if everyone played like Mr Niwa (Niwa? Never quite get what is the last name with East Asian names. Pardon Japan.)

You got it right. Niwa is his surname. Koki is his given name.
I like watching close-to-table fast attackers play too. But IMO, Lin Gaoyuan and Hariomoto (probably Yan An too) are both better at it, especially Lin Gaoyuan who can also keep rallying away from the table.

In fact, I recommend you watch the match between Lin Gaoyuan and Yan An from China National Championship last month. It's one of the most entertaining matches I've ever seen. Video link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMQ9huEeONg&ab_channel=ttlondon2012

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
You got it right. Niwa is his surname. Koki is his given name.
I like watching close-to-table fast attackers play too. But IMO, Lin Gaoyuan and Hariomoto (probably Yan An too) are both better at it, especially Lin Gaoyuan who can also keep rallying away from the table.

In fact, I recommend you watch the match between Lin Gaoyuan and Yan An from China National Championship last month. It's one of the most entertaining matches I've ever seen. Video link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMQ9huEeONg&ab_channel=ttlondon2012

No chop blocks = no fun :) XX and Koki Niwa are some of the few true artists and entertainers in todays TT. Anyone capable of doing a block a la Waldner while looking the other way always win my heart.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
1. [FONT=open_sansregular]OVTCHAROV Dimitrij
2. [/FONT]
[FONT=open_sansregular]FAN Zhendong
3. [/FONT]
[FONT=open_sansregular]LIN Gaoyuan
4. [/FONT]
[FONT=open_sansregular]XU Xin
5. [/FONT]