Butterfly release Tomokazu Harimoto New Blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 2 reviews
Hi all Butterfly have released this news on Harimoto's https://www.butterfly.co.jp/news/product/20181003.html

It says will be announced in January 2019.

Will it be a Innterforce type of blade or not?

harimotonewblade.jpg

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
What is the difference between innerforce alc, innerforce alc.s and innerforce layer ALC.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Butterfly Japan announced that he would be using his signature blade starting at the Buenos Aires Youth Olympics which started yesterday. Can't wait to see a good picture of the blade. So far, you can't see anything from ITTF's Flickr pics...

PS: I also have a strong feeling that it's a rebranded Innerforce Layer ALC but really want to see what the handle etc. look like

Reactions: romanzdk
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
alc.s is a bit slower, has more spin and feeling/feetback

ALC.S, I felt, was a flimsy blade. It disappointed me, it was very light and lacked punch, and was way too thin/flexible to my taste. I couldn't land anything with power. That's probably me, and it might still be a great blade for others.

As to Innerforce ALC and Innerforce Layer ALC, they seemed the same to me with different handles, although of the few I tried some were lighter and some were heavier. I liked the heavier ones, but all said and done I prefer the crisp bite of Koto, the firmer bite of Anegre, or the zesty bite of Walnut to the typical somewhat mushier chew of Limba outers.

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
So it's going to be the same thing as an inner force alc?

Nobody knows for sure yet but based on what Butterfly reported he was using up until now, it's a fair assumption. We'll just have to wait and see... They said another big announcement about the blade will be made in January, probably its release date, some specs etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
ALC.S, I felt, was a flimsy blade. It disappointed me, it was very light and lacked punch, and was way too thin/flexible to my taste. I couldn't land anything with power. That's probably me, and it might still be a great blade for others.

As to Innerforce ALC and Innerforce Layer ALC, they seemed the same to me with different handles, although of the few I tried some were lighter and some were heavier. I liked the heavier ones, but all said and done I prefer the crisp bite of Koto, the firmer bite of Anegre, or the zesty bite of Walnut to the typical somewhat mushier chew of Limba outers.

Couldn't agree more. ALC.S was too thin and gave me the unwanted vibration when the contact was hard. It contradicted the merit of inner carbon blade and I wonder why it sells well in Japan.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Thanks Giangt! I knew someone would come through with a better pic soon. Do you have a link for a higher resolution or bigger size version of this picture?
You're welcome Thomas. The picture is a screenshot from one of the highlight videos from YouTube. Perhaps you could find a video in better quality? The screenshot is taken where the score is 2-0 in games and the score is 1-0 for Tomo.

Reactions: JST and thomas.pong