A good backhand rubber for a Maze clone

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Hi all, I've been using a korbel with a mx-p rubber as BH, but the blade broke and I've got a Yinhe v16 which is a clone of Michael Maze, I think a mx-p rubber as backhand would be very fast and less controllable, as is more reactive so, which replacement could fit? I've been thinking about a xiom vega euro, but I didn't used in a 5+2 blade with kevlar carbon fibre, what do you advice me? I'm open to other rubbers,

My play style is close to the table always doing short backspin service from the BH side to the BH short side opponent and after push if it's low or place the ball moderately speedy if it is high the return.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
+1 for Gold Arc 8, but if the worry is that MX-P would too reactive/bouncy/fast, then GA8 might be too fast as well.

In that case, Vega Europe doesn't sound like a bad choice at all. I slightly prefer Vega Pro myself, to me that's the main go-to rubber for offensive players finding their way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I've found the ga8 much more controllable than mx-p, but less reactive and slower, I've been playing just a couple months sticked on the korbel, as BH, is slower than mx-p but sometimes is bouncier may be because was softer, even I put over both rubbers booster and the ga8 got soften but the mx-p is still firm; my BH style is try to attack the short low service, and said try because 6/10 are successful so I need more training to get the correct stance, angle and stroke, and block if comes too fast and if comes slow try to loop than a fast push or a winner.
Did you tryout v16 with H3Neo and GoldArc8/MXP?

Let me know how did it play for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I have a strong backhand shot, and find vega euro unpleasantly soft on the backhand of my maze blade. I enjoy vega euro a bit more than the euro, and enjoy rakza 7 and fastarc g-1 much more on my carbon blades (maze, and self-made limba-alc-spruce-kiri). Harder sponges and grippier rubber work better for me on BH. My suggestion is to think about the properties of the rubber that allow you to perform better overall (better feeling, better control) and then get that rubber....and stick with it for months since everything has a learning curve.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
You mean start with a low spinny and slow rubber medium hard rubber, to learn how much effort one need to input at brushing and hitting the ball?
I have always said to start with a modern or old school control rubber on bh... level up and go from there. I have been called Rocketman and William Moristo on bh for some reasons... it is control plus impact.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
impuls powersponge is great BH rubber but I think you don't have good deal in your country for andro so I will buy MXP but 2.0 sponge