From Chinese rubber to tensor

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hello

I began using Chinese rubbers a month ago and i’m wondering about my long term development

In short, having Chinese rubber change my technic (FH loop) and I’m wondering if I will it be easy and natural to come back to tensor rubber when I get older ? Or even if I do it in a few months/years

Will it be beneficial to spend a few months with Chinese rubber and come back to tensor rubber, I mean technic wise ?

Because i’m a bit bothered by the decrease of my consistency of my FH and I don’t think I really need so much the power increase of the FH and the help in the short game. So in long term I might come back to tensor. But does my time with chinese rubber will be beneficial ?

Hope to hear your insight :)

If you are already used to chinese hard and tacky rubbers you don't have to bother about future transfer to tensors, it would be much easier than the opposite - from tensors to chinese rubbers.
Beside that you may pass through some tacky tensors designed for the chinese style, like Xiom Tau and Palio Thors and eventually switch to hard non-tacky tensors, which need and benefit the full-motion strokes, like Xiom Omega 5/7 Asia.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
No, a few months are not enough. Ito has been on and off with the H3 since 2015.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
langel
If you are already used to chinese hard and tacky rubbers you don't have to bother about future transfer to tensors, it would be much easier than the opposite - from tensors to chinese rubbers.
Beside that you may pass through some tacky tensors designed for the chinese style, like Xiom Tau and Palio Thors and eventually switch to hard non-tacky tensors, which need and benefit the full-motion strokes, like Xiom Omega 5/7 Asia.​

So you say if i get fully used of Chinese rubbers and i want to keep the full motion stroke, i will need to use 'Chinese compatible' rubber ?

zeio
No, a few months are not enough. Ito has been on and off with the H3 since 2015.​

What do you mean ? How long to get good benefice even if i finally come back to tensor ? Btw, i play around 10h/week and my french rating is around 700/800. I may be able to play less in a few months

So you say if i get fully used of Chinese rubbers and i want to keep the full motion stroke, i will need to use 'Chinese compatible' rubber ?

You may have full motion strokes with euro tensors too, and its good to have full motion strokes with euro rubbers. You may transfer from chinese rubbers right to euro tensors, or you may first try something inbetween. All depends on what you would feel the best.

Reactions: Wister
Xiom vega china is like a cross between tensor and chinese rubber but it is a german rubber.

Yes, Vega China is a 4G ESN tensor with tacky rubber. Xiom Tau is an improved Vega China with 5G tensor.
One of the reason the OP to ask the question is that he asumes that when he go older he may lose some power to drive efficiently the chinese rubbers. So the tensors with their greater trampoline may solve that, and the tensors that benefit full strokes more would be more suitable for the transition. Harder tensors have closer to the chinese rubbers feeling at closer distance and provide extra power at longer distance, so I think they would be more suitable to the OP.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Thanks a lot for your answers :) Indeed it could be interesting to see these tensor/tacky later

I thought a little bit about all that and in a way it's also that i've heard about 'mechanical spin' (Tensor ?) and 'brush spin' (hard tacky ?). I'm a bit confused about how real the difference is ? And if i can do both 'spin' with both rubbers ? I mean will i be bothered in the way i stroke when changing ?

I suppose i make things too complicate here as i could adapt to chinese rubbers without to much modification (but i think i could change more my stroke to make it more suited to chinese rubbers). I'm a bit wondering on all that