Looking for new blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
If you want to stick to Yasaka, there's Yasaka Max Carbon 3D which is quite fast, but also with good feeling. From more recent blades, I've tried Joola TPE Perform and I liked it a lot. It's a good idea to play a bit (at least a day) with a fast blade first to see whether you can perform all the strokes the way you want them (and not cutting your strokes) and then buy a fast blade. Otherwise it might hinder your progress.

This user has no status.
whats your budget?

also a YE jump to a fast carbon is a big jump, I wonder if you are prepared for a "many gears" jump

I played with DHS Hurricane Bo carbon, but i had problems in blocking sometimes so i decided to try sth slower and work on my technique now i dont have problems in blocking or playing against backspin, but i feel i dont have enough speed.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hi,
i want to change my blade, actually i am using Yasaka Sweden Extra. I want something faster. I want to use Xiom Omega VII Euro rubbers. Thank you for your advices.

Go for Viscaria.

It seems to me the other recommendations are mostly just for whatever fast blades ppl like but that's not taking into consideration what you're using, I think.

If you go for Viscaria you'll have an amazing blade that nearly all the pros use, but more importantly, it will be close in feeling to what you have now. Reason being, the outer ply of a blade is VERY influential on how it feels. Viscaria, like the YSW has a hard outer ply.
Also, I have both viscaria and YSW and tried them with similar rubbers and I can tell you that they feel similar except the Viscaria is faster and a lot more stable.
Another much cheaper option (but very interesting and one of the best new blades) is DHS301, which is an innerforce type blade with a hard outer ply (koto, like viscaria).

The YSE feels quite different to most other 5ply blades. Ppl who haven't used it won't know. It's very, very solid feeling. With hard rubbers it's even very fast, but loses a lot of the ease of spin. The Viscaria actually feels a little LESS 'solid' and spins easier.

Last edited:

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Hi,
i want to change my blade, actually i am using Yasaka Sweden Extra. I want something faster. I want to use Xiom Omega VII Euro rubbers. Thank you for your advices.

I tryed Bty Innerforce ALC.S and i felt nice with it so i can try carbon blades.

I played with DHS Hurricane Bo carbon, but i had problems in blocking sometimes so i decided to try sth slower and work on my technique now i dont have problems in blocking or playing against backspin, but i feel i dont have enough speed.

Stay with all-wood for some time. I was playing with YSE last season, then went to Tibhar Stratus Powerwood after season and in summer I was trying different innerlayer ALC blades but went back to Tibhar SPW. Transition from YSE is pretty straight forward (especially if you keep the same rubbers) and you will get something ted faster. Another question is if your technique and footwork can handle it;)