So there are 2 versions of Stiga Dynasty??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
I'd like to know what "Textreme+" actually is. Textreme doesn't have any mention of it on their website and none of their worldwide distributors have it for sale. So i'm curious to see when information about that becomes available.

As far as the two blades, they look to be identical compositions with just a special logo on the "Xu Xin" version.

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
...The Dynasty Carbon uses a newly developed Swedish made and patented carbon technology which makes the carbon fabric as stable and strong near the edges as in the middle, without affecting the overall balance and weight of the blade. This new Carbon technology is called TeXtreme+. TeXtreme+ draws from the original TeXtreme Spread Tow Carbon Technology and consists of an advanced, super thin carbon fiber fabric that maximizes the strength-to-weight ratio...

Whatever that is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I'd like to know what "Textreme+" actually is. Textreme doesn't have any mention of it on their website and none of their worldwide distributors have it for sale. So i'm curious to see when information about that becomes available.

As far as the two blades, they look to be identical compositions with just a special logo on the "Xu Xin" version.

I've posted this a while ago in some other thread.

Hahaha. This topic seems to be undying.
[Emoji2]
Excellent reasoning, Carl.
I just like to add one more thing to this.

From my knowledge the textreme® cloth is actually an aramid/carbon cloth, very close to the arylate/carbon cloth, just looking a little darker since it's black&grey instead of black&blue and hence looks a little darker.
http://www.textreme.com/technology

In case a blademaker like Bobpuls or MDP or others read this, it can be also purchased here:
http://www.hoelleinshop.com/Zubehoe...icle&ProdNr=RG1902761&t=49303&c=67923&p=67923
[Emoji6]

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
The Dynasty blade is characterized as "Stiff". I wonder if this would be similar to the TIMO ALC blade. I play penhold with the DHS 301 blade with h3 NEO rubber. I've tried using the TIMO ALC with the h3 NEO and it felt horrible. Absolutely no dwell and control. Anyone here think they will have a similar feeling?

Can anyone here compare the Carbonado blades to the DHS 301 and Timo ALC?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Because Viscaria feels less stiff than TB ALC.
That is strange, because they have the exact same composition and according to butterfly are within 0.1mm of each other in terms of thickness, so the composition difference is negligible at best, identical most likely with a different name on the front of the blade

Butterfly is notorious for rebranding their blades and just changing the name of the pro and increasing the price. Thiago Apolonia ZLC is the latest example of this, and in fact in TTD's review, Apolonia himself talked about how he liked his previous blade -- I believe if memory serves it was innerforce ZLC, and wanted the same composition for his blade...so identical composition, different colored handle, "new" blade...high price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
That is strange, because they have the exact same composition and according to butterfly are within 0.1mm of each other in terms of thickness, so the composition difference is negligible at best, identical most likely with a different name on the front of the blade

Butterfly is notorious for rebranding their blades and just changing the name of the pro and increasing the price. Thiago Apolonia ZLC is the latest example of this, and in fact in TTD's review, Apolonia himself talked about how he liked his previous blade -- I believe if memory serves it was innerforce ZLC, and wanted the same composition for his blade...so identical composition, different colored handle, "new" blade...high price.

Even though it is starting to get a little off topic...as for Tiago: In the review he mentioned that he actually played with the Liu Shiwen ZLF before he got his signature blade, not the Innerforce ZLC. He did say Innerforce ZLC at one point while explaining, but he was only referring to the type of construction. Because of the plastic ball he wanted basically the same properties as the LSW ZLF, just with a little more speed, hence the addition of carbon (and in result the same composition as the regular Innerforce ZLC).

As for the Viscaria and its many "clones" including the TB ALC: There are still a few factors that can potentially lead to a different feel even though the composition and the thickness are pretty much the same. For example the ALC of the TB ALC could be weaved together a little tighter compared to the Viscaria; the ratio of arylate and carbon could differ; different quality of the top plies; different kind of glue could be used and so on and so forth...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Because Viscaria feels less stiff than TB ALC.

As I remember in the review Dan made recently with the Viscaria and TB ALC he did mention that the wings are different on the Viscaria and TB ALC. This info came from BTF themselves.