Service rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
what is a good rubber to practice pulling the ball with that is soft anyone know?

Gambler Reflectoid is the best rubber for zagging the ball IMO. Sometimes comes off a little medium if you're not careful. But if you wiggle it a little, you can get it to be soft.

I'd go Gambler Reflectoid. Hope this helps.

Reactions: lVegita
says Aging is a killer
Gambler Reflectoid is the best rubber for zagging the ball IMO. Sometimes comes off a little medium if you're not careful. But if you wiggle it a little, you can get it to be soft.

I'd go Gambler Reflectoid. Hope this helps.

This took me a while, maybe 2 secs. But I get it......:p

Reactions: suds79
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
okays what i mean is when you serve and want to spin the ball alot you pull the top sheet to generate lots of spin and harder you pull it more spin you make

Well, something tells me that you use 792 B2.
This rubber already has a massive amount of spin potential on it, so I'm quite confused.
Maybe you are using a too hard version?

This user has no status.
Well, something tells me that you use 792 B2.
This rubber already has a massive amount of spin potential on it, so I'm quite confused.
Maybe you are using a too hard version?

yeah i do just i was hoping for a rubber that is soft rubber that can do that without boosting , interesting blade yinhe earth 3 never heard of that . like is there such thing as a super soft H3 in the market ? or like a super soft tenergy 05?
if that makes sense?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Does anybody count on sink into the sponge on service to gain spin? Unless your toss is super high, I just don't see how that works. At a normal toss, the ball isn't really moving fast enough to sink into the sponge much IMO. Your spin comes from how finely you slice the ball.

If you're talking about in rallies and looping away from the table you'd like to try something softer, okay. There are options.

But since this thread is titled service rubber, Battle 2 is crazy tacky and is about as good as you're going to get on generating spin with a grippy surface. I'd say work on your brushing technique if you're still not getting the spin high enough on your serves.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
yeah i do just i was hoping for a rubber that is soft rubber that can do that without boosting , interesting blade yinhe earth 3 never heard of that . like is there such thing as a super soft H3 in the market ? or like a super soft tenergy 05?
if that makes sense?

It doesn't make sense to choose your rubber based on serve performance alone to begin with. Tenergy is already soft. There's Tenergy 05 FX which is even softer. I have played with none of them though, so no opinion on either.

Serving is 95% technique anyway. Just learn to whip correctly and then you get super spinny serves. There was a video around the forum on how to use your wrist as a hinge to create a strong whip effect. Maybe someone can post a link to that.

Reactions: suds79