Sup. What's the difference between Hexer Grip and the Rasanter series?

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Comparisons would be nice.

Rasanter is said to be one of the best new rubbers, but hexer grip is even newer than that, so.

thanks.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I've played with Rasant Grip for a while and liked it a lot (except for its lack of durability), so I tried out Rasanter R and V 47 and 42 too. They are great in every way, yet I didn't like playing with them all that much, and I find it hard to say why. I played well with them, landed great shots, but somehow that felt insufficient. Sometimes a winner didn't turn out a winner, so some of the rallies that were mine went south unexpectedly. That got at me, and left me with the nagging feeling that every shot I hit should have bee slightly better - more spinny, more powerful, more explosive, these things. So the Rasanters are obviously marvelous rubbers, but they're not for me.

The few reports about Hexer Grip I've seen are ecstatic, but then again that's always the case when a newcomer first hits the spotlights. Many rejoice in singing its praise, and a little while later as the sparks have burned out the spotlights turn to the next big new thing. It's probably a very good rubber, as are many out there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Rasanter is said to be one of the best new rubbers, but hexer grip is even newer than that

First of all, sometimes it doesn´t matter when a rubber is released, but what "generation" it belongs to. Imagine each generation having a basic recipe, from which different brands bake different cakes. The newest technology is that of Rasanter (thin topsheet enables even thicker sponge). The new HeXer rubbers do not feature these ULTRAmax sponges. They may be the newest edition of an older recipe. None of this means good or bad, it´s just that the development at ESN (makers of all Tensor rubbers) is by no means linear anymore, there are sideways and updates and what not.

Anyway, the new HeXer rubbers fill the gaps in the Rasanter series very nicely.

HeXer PowerGrip has a 47,5 degree sponge just like Rasanter R47, but plays a little softer overall. In direct comparison, I don´t think you´d miss anything in terms of speed and spin, yet everything is a little easier to achieve. In my opinion, if R47 was a tad too difficult to play, try HeXer PowerGrip.

HeXer Grip is and feels softer with its 45 degree sponge, but it still has enough power, something you´d probably find lacking with R42 which feels way softer. HeXer Grip for sure is no rubber for killer shots from mid-distance, but enables great placement and stability close to the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
It's probably a very good rubber, as are many out there.

Both true. I don´t think there are really bad rubbers, just many that don´t fit or appeal to you. And more that would if you tried them.
Now that almost anything except for the many Chinese and a few Japanese rubbers are made in Germany anyway it´s even harder to find nuances between rubbers.

Moving on to the next big thing can result in curious actions. On a German forum, some people have just discovered a Nittaku rubber that has been out for years unnoticed in Europe, and they praise it as a tenergy replacement. Yeah, right ...

BUT I have tried these new HeXers with no intent of changing anything about my setup or looking for improvement, as I have been given them for testing, and while I will not change anything about my setup I can say they are indeed really good. Hexer PowerGrip may become the backhand rubber of choice for some who think R47 is a bit too demanding there while other rubbers are too soft.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Thanks, Airoc. Been interested in these since they came out.

And yes, the same thing happened with G-1 and consorts on French forums (fora? :eek:). Very strange also to see Tibhar Genius spring out of nowhere, and as you said the same happens with manufacturers resurrecting stuff: recently, that Joola "Tango" logo took me way back!

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Is there a significant weight difference? Significant grip difference? A different 'bite' on the ball?

First of all, sometimes it doesn´t matter when a rubber is released, but what "generation" it belongs to. Imagine each generation having a basic recipe, from which different brands bake different cakes. The newest technology is that of Rasanter (thin topsheet enables even thicker sponge). The new HeXer rubbers do not feature these ULTRAmax sponges. They may be the newest edition of an older recipe. None of this means good or bad, it´s just that the development at ESN (makers of all Tensor rubbers) is by no means linear anymore, there are sideways and updates and what not.

Anyway, the new HeXer rubbers fill the gaps in the Rasanter series very nicely.

HeXer PowerGrip has a 47,5 degree sponge just like Rasanter R47, but plays a little softer overall. In direct comparison, I don´t think you´d miss anything in terms of speed and spin, yet everything is a little easier to achieve. In my opinion, if R47 was a tad too difficult to play, try HeXer PowerGrip.

HeXer Grip is and feels softer with its 45 degree sponge, but it still has enough power, something you´d probably find lacking with R42 which feels way softer. HeXer Grip for sure is no rubber for killer shots from mid-distance, but enables great placement and stability close to the table.

Thank you for the explanation. This really helps me to imagine what I'll get if I buy one :)

This user has no status.
Both true. I don´t think there are really bad rubbers, just many that don´t fit or appeal to you. And more that would if you tried them.
Now that almost anything except for the many Chinese and a few Japanese rubbers are made in Germany anyway it´s even harder to find nuances between rubbers.

Moving on to the next big thing can result in curious actions. On a German forum, some people have just discovered a Nittaku rubber that has been out for years unnoticed in Europe, and they praise it as a tenergy replacement. Yeah, right ...

BUT I have tried these new HeXers with no intent of changing anything about my setup or looking for improvement, as I have been given them for testing, and while I will not change anything about my setup I can say they are indeed really good. Hexer PowerGrip may become the backhand rubber of choice for some who think R47 is a bit too demanding there while other rubbers are too soft.

Airoc, I'm playing with hexer power grip for a while now, do you think that rasanter r47 is better? What of these 2 rubbers can generate more spin?

This user has no status.
The Hexer series is targeted at intermediate level players. It’s designed to be more forgiving than the Rasanter series which is for advanced players. Dan explains it really well in his video review.

Similar idea of Rozena (intermediate) vs Tenergy (advanced) as well as Vega (intermediate) vs Omega (advanced).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
The Hexer series is targeted at intermediate level players. It’s designed to be more forgiving than the Rasanter series which is for advanced players. Dan explains it really well in his video review.

Similar idea of Rozena (intermediate) vs Tenergy (advanced) as well as Vega (intermediate) vs Omega (advanced).

Good explanation.

And, as for the question asked, an intermediate player may find it easier to generate spin with the Hexers, whereas the maximum spin level of the Rasanter series is higher, when activated by a more skilled player.

Reactions: TTLOVE and BryanY
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The Rasanter series is actually catered to players from "middle level" to "middle to high level" to "high level" to "high to pro level" to "ultimate pro". It's even stated on the package.

The design concepts had been given by Andro Japan in a different thread some time before the OP started this thread.

This user has no status.
The Rasanter series is actually catered to players from "middle level" to "middle to high level" to "high level" to "high to pro level" to "ultimate pro". It's even stated on the package.

The design concepts had been given by Andro Japan in a different thread some time before the OP started this thread.

They might refer to soft sponge R37 as “middle level”. But in an apples to apples comparison with the same sponge hardness Hexer Powergrip (47 degrees) vs Rasanter R47, Powergrip will be more forgiving with mistimed balls. That’s the point that Dan makes in the video. Powergrip is a safer and more forgiving choice than Ransanter which has more top end speed and spin.

(Just like Xiom Vega Pro/X vs Omega VII Pro).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
But in an apples to apples comparison with the same sponge hardness Hexer Powergrip (47 degrees) vs Rasanter R47, Powergrip will be more forgiving with mistimed balls. ... Powergrip is a safer and more forgiving choice than Ransanter which has more top end speed and spin.

(Just like Xiom Vega Pro/X vs Omega VII Pro).

Yes. Same should apply to R42 vs. Powergrip SFX in direct comparison.

And luckily enough, not only "Ultimate Pros" buy (and can play with) R53, as in that case not many would be sold ;)