Best rubbers for stratus powewood of Gewo Company

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
My blade is tibhar stratus powerwood and i want to know what is best rubbers of Gewo company (hype model) for my blade that is suitable for close table

Models are :

Hype KR
Hype XT 50
Hype EL 42.5
Hype XT 40
Hype EL 47.5
Nano FLEX

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
My blade is tibhar stratus powerwood and i want to know what is best rubbers of Gewo company (hype model) for my blade that is suitable for close table

Models are :

Hype KR
Hype XT 50
Hype EL 42.5
Hype XT 40
Hype EL 47.5
Nano FLEX

They would all fit, but if you tell me which rubbers you have used before and what you probably expect from your new rubber I should be able to tell you which fits best.

Reactions: Madmazel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
They would all fit, but if you tell me which rubbers you have used before and what you probably expect from your new rubber I should be able to tell you which fits best.

Rubbers for spin and control and as i said suitable for close table

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Rubbers for spin and control and as i said suitable for close table

Well ... The main difference between the Hype rubbers is in their names and numbers.

The EL versions are elastic, with a softer topsheet, optimized for spin. Depending on whether you like it softer or harder, try 42.5 or 47.5 on either backhand or forehand.

The XT versions have a tendency towards speed and power play. The 50 degree version is not the easiest rubber to control, due to its hardness - the 40 degree version, despite its soft sponge, is still a power rubber.

The KR is somewhere between EL 47,5 and XT 50. It is faster than EL 47,5, not as fast as XT 50 but produces more spin than both.

For a spinny close to the table game I would go for EL 47,5 or KR. Of course, if you are an advanced player, you will be able to generate more spin from the harder rubber, so go for XT 50.

On intermediate level, also EL 42,5 would be suitable for opening spinny shots and you could pair that with XT 40 for blocking and countering.

So, like I said, they would all fit to your blade and your game. Choose according to personal preference.

Reactions: Madmazel