Blade faster than Timo Boll Spirit

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Hello!

I am playing with Timo Boll Spirit with short pimple(haifu dolphin) on forehand and inverted(rakza x soft) on backhand, but i find the blade to slow. I have also played with the Mazunov and the clipper in the past, but also found them to slow. I need a faster blade for the forehand smash. 0

Are there any blades like the Spirit but faster out there?
What do you guys think about timo boll zlc, timo boll t5000 or the Sardius? or something else from another brand?

I think my playing level is pretty high. I played Swedish division 1(third league) for like 6 years ago, but i think im a better player today.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
TBalc is faster than Viscaria. Most pros use Viscaria.
I dunno what rating you are but dear lord :)

Reactions: ttmonster
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you want faster than TB Spirit, TB ZLC, TB T5000, Sardius, Primorac Carbon, Schlager Carbon would all be good options.

They all would have a different feel than the TB Spirit. The TB ZLC would feel closest to Spirit while being notably faster. But the Sardius, Primorac Carbon and the Schlager Carbon would be faster. Butterfly Garaydia ZLC or T5000 would also be good options.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
ZLC is faster but on a very insignificant margin.

I'd recommend going to a Super ZLC blade or perhaps Carbonado 2xx series

Okey, So the ZLC is no difference from ALC? The super ZLC is just tooo expensive. Carbonado seems good, but i do not like the big bulky ST handles but maybe i can go with flared :)

Carbonado seems a very good choice, even the 190 is really fast.

Carbonado again! It do seems lika a good choice! :)

Not many Koto outer blades faster than Boll ALC.

Primorac Carbon is definitely faster but it's hinoki outer. Carbonado 290 but it's Limba outer. It's an absolute rocket. Bonus it's used by Truls your countryman.

Okey, primorac carbon maybe is an option! Fun facts is that i was Truls coach when he was young :)

Adidas C500, Butterfly Photino, Garaydia ZLC

Can Adidas really do tabletennis stuff? haha :) I have tried the garaydia ALC and found it faster than the TBS so the ZLC can be a good option! The handle feels so good to :)

TBalc is faster than Viscaria. Most pros use Viscaria.
I dunno what rating you are but dear lord :)

Haha, not all the Pros play with short pimple and try to flathit everything. The TBS is okay, but it needs alot of efffort to smash. Regarding my level, here is a video of me smashing forehand. To bad the sound is off, really disturbing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uCrjA8--qg

Sanwei F3 Pro is almost a tb alc clone but it is faster by a small margin.

Okey, will need to look into that one! Never heard of the Sanwei F3 pro!

If you want faster than TB Spirit, TB ZLC, TB T5000, Sardius, Primorac Carbon, Schlager Carbon would all be good options.

They all would have a different feel than the TB Spirit. The TB ZLC would feel closest to Spirit while being notably faster. But the Sardius, Primorac Carbon and the Schlager Carbon would be faster. Butterfly Garaydia ZLC or T5000 would also be good options.

Okey! I do like the feel off TBS, it is just that i feel that i need more power in the forehand so the Timo Boll ZLC might be the best option. Can the others be to fast so it will be difficult to topspin with the backhand?

Great community this! :D Thanks for all the help! Really appreciate it :)

Reactions: ttmonster
says dddddde
says dddddde
Aug 2017
yes, Garaydia ZLC (hinoki upperlayer) is even faster than Garaydia ALC. Garaydia ZLC is about the same speed as Adidas C500. But C500 has Limba upperlayer

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Drive down to Kävlinge, make a deal with Speedplay, and get hiz Wavestone. You will no longer ask this question. :D

Haha, okey! Will do! Im impressed! namedropping a Swedish city just like that! :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I know the guy. He was a very active TT forum member in just about any TT forum that existed from a LONG time ago He was TT forum legend, even on a couple secret forums. He doesn't talk on the internet much these days, but I still count him a friend. We talked and talked about so much it would make ur head blow up. He really luv'd on hiz Wavestone a lot.

If it costs too much for the auto fuel and food en route, just get one from wherever, it should be around 300 or so SEK before shipping, but you might have to get it shipped from another country, which could add another 150 or so SEK to the total.

Here is a link to thread on OOAK from a decade ago where someone asked a similar question... that was so long ago, the guy who posted after me (metal monkey) is no longer alive.

https://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7862&p=102805#p102621

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This user has no status.
So cool that you coached Truls!

I think try Carbonado 290. A lot of the other speed option blades are 3 ply with hinoki outer and feel a lot more different than the Boll ALC. I think this blade will have the most similar feel whilst being significantly faster. Boll ZLC is faster but not by as much. You also aren't a pops out smasher and that thing can loop like a beast whereas Schlager Carbon etc struggles to loop.

Last edited: