Shankehand Grip. Can anyone translate it???

This user has no status.
Hi I have seen this video before and it seems that the guy knows what he is talking about. I like to know everything I can and I hope that this video has some extra info.... I know that there are some grips that are forehand oriented and others backhand oriented. In my case I use a forehand oriented grip but when I am going to use my backhand with a lot of wrist and I will just brush the top of the ball or I´ll do a banana flick my grip changes by itself. It would be nice to know if any one have any variation in their grips.
And here is the video. Hope someone can translate it...:

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Hi yury, there are quite a number of versions. In your case, I think you are looking various options for FH and BH. If you look at Timo's BH and FH, you can see that he adjusted his grip slightly to ensure that the blade is always in a 'closed' position (near horizontal). But in the end of the day, experiment with a few, and find the one that really works for you.

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Hi yury, there are quite a number of versions. In your case, I think you are looking various options for FH and BH. If you look at Timo's BH and FH, you can see that he adjusted his grip slightly to ensure that the blade is always in a 'closed' position (near horizontal). But in the end of the day, experiment with a few, and find the one that really works for you.

Azlan is right, you just have to experiment... I, for one, have experimented a lot with this... Ending up with playing a straight handle blade, and changing my grip from backhand to forehand. In the beginning it seems complicated, switching grips all the time, but now it feels just natural. Took me 6-7 months ;) So just be patient, and it will all work out for you in the end! :D

This user has no status.
Thanks for your feedback guys. I actually already tried a lot of variations and tried each variation for a while. Now I have the one that I feel more comfortable. I don´t feel like changing my grip anymore. It is just that I want to know what the man in the video is explaining..... And with the comparison with Timo Boll, I don´t change my grip that much like Waldner or Boll because I do not always change the grip when I will use my backhand it will depend on the strokes that I will do...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, I don't understand the language but it looks like the guy in the video is explaining how different variations on the grip create different effects. At one point, where he is showing how to use the index finger and thumb to hold the face of the blade, it looks like he might be explaining how that will give you more spin because then you can control the blade face on the forehand with the index finger to spin the ball and on the backhand you would control the blade face with the thumb and the index finger. It also looks like he is comparing it to how you would hold the racket for serving and just the thumb and index finger hold the racket. When you do use your index finger and thumb in this way you get a lot more control of the blade face and a lot more spin on your shots. It would be interesting to hear a translation though.