Why is my new setup so slow? DHS 301 and Rasant.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Read 1 reviews
Hopefully enough time for a proper glue job?

I know neither of these blades, but I know Rasant and Rasanter, and if you have an extremely slow feeling with Rasant (it is not called that for nothing ...) you might just want to re-glue and re-try?

At first I thought that maybe I didn't glue the rubbers properly although I did my usual gluing routine. However, now I'm pretty sure I have done it properly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Read 1 reviews
Exactly, it requires some adjustment but it improves your technique a lot and then offers you a lot more options and control.

There's a chance you may find your technique was always a bit timid and incomplete. People with timid and incomplete technique will find the 301 slow, though I'm sure people with good technique will find it very good and fast, while also offering control on the short game and serve return which is out of this world.

I think you're right (see my post above). I'm going to keep at it for a while and see if it suits me after using it for a few weeks or months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
maybe break in stage? still?

H301 being an inner-carbon blade can be indeed slow. If you don't properly swing it / not putting power into it that is.

It won't be as fast as the really fast carbon blade but it should be close to what a viscaria can do in terms of power.

You will feel the carbon kick in when you are properly looping with the blade and it will feel much stiffer. This is different to your normal carbon blade like viscaria where you get an even better feeling when you loop hard because you're feeling more of the vibration from the wood after the ALC layer.

You use a long 5 in the first place you i think you should know what I mean

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Again, it's anything but a slow blade. It's a fast blade. It just has a ton of gears, so at first it appears to be slow.
This derives from its innerforce type construction and the materials used (koto/ayous/alc/ayous)
This is good, because you can get better tighter serves and serve returns easily with the sweet crisp feel of the hard koto layer.

When you hit harder and engage the carbon layer it has power comparable to other fast blades, which is to say, it's not like slow blades where if you get some distance from the table suddenly your shot is just weak.

I think most people who say it's slow simply don't have either the power to engage the blade properly or the subtelty to access all the gears.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
How would you describe the speed of 301 compared to dhs pg3. PG3 is all wood 5 ply blade with koto outer layer but honestly I don't feel like it lacks speed with full stroke. However I'm wondering about buying 301 at some point. Anyone had a chance to play those 2 or has an idea based on similar experiences?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
How would you describe the speed of 301 compared to dhs pg3. PG3 is all wood 5 ply blade with koto outer layer but honestly I don't feel like it lacks speed with full stroke. However I'm wondering about buying 301 at some point. Anyone had a chance to play those 2 or has an idea based on similar experiences?

Can't compare PG3 to H301 but I can compare my virtuoso+ blade with my innerforce ZLC which is basically the same blade with the ZLC layer taken.

The innercarbon will give you more gears. On both the slower side and the faster side. There will be a lot of vibration of soft hits but on harder hits the carbon will kick in and the blade will feel stiff