Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The draw is perfectly fair, it's just the seeds might be 'wrong' in terms of actual player abilities.

Ridiculously exploitable that Ma Longs appearance counts when he pulled out.

Watched highlights and saw that Jorgic had a match point Vs Niwa. Ouch that would have been a huge win for him.

He had to take the L rather than be absent. So he loses the ranking points for the loss.

This user has no status.
▼Perfectly Fair Draw▼

5owcwmH.png

The current system does not have anything to do with the seeds. The core issue is the removal of "separation by association," which has taken effect for World Tour since the start of 2018 after what happened at the Bulgaria Open up above.

More info:
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...Ranking-Reform&p=217010&viewfull=1#post217010
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...orea-Open-2018&p=238160&viewfull=1#post238160

How is this a problem? Players from the same country should not be kept separate.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
Ovtcharov gifts Pitchford a ride back onto the isle. Nice backhands coming from him again

Dima seems to be in good form again, ever since the world cup. I don't know what he did, but he attributed the success to living with Tim's family and practicing with Timo for some time.

But this tournament is really dominated by Chinese players so far, on both men's and women's singles. All other players better watch out.
It's really strange to see people continue to vote for Ma Long to win after he's already withdrawn due to injury.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
XU Xin vs MIZUTANI, don't miss the highlights , some fantastic rallies all along

I've not seen MIZUTANI play that well for a while, but it wasn't enough against XX, 2-4.
they always have great matches against each other. Those 3 points by Xu Xin to finish the 4th game were out of this world. 2 around the nets in a row? come on

K.P

This user has no status.

K.P

This user has no status.
Feb 2017
It always felt like the game was dependent more on Ito then on FTW, most the points Mima Ito lost were when she missed smashes or miscontacted service returns, impressive that she came back from 2-7 but she wasn't playing her best

says Aging is a killer
Then you're not in the loop. Various players and associations have complained more than once to the ITTF about the removal of "separation by association."
Agreed.
Even in small UK, organisers strive to keep players from the same county apart in the early rounds. If not, the players complain vociferously that they have paid x amount and traveled y miles to end up playing their teammate.
Internationally, the players and spectators agree with the policy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Tough cookie Ito crawling back from the depths at 2:7 to 9:7, 9:9, 10:9, 11:9!

FTW -> WTF?

pgQI64th.png

Hahaaa .. Zeio find some thing for " just retire LGY " . Seem Mattias is killing him ...

Edited : Mattias just killed LGY ... Excellent finishing point

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Battle of the Karlssons in the QF! (Or Karlsson vs Falck, but I like the traditional name)

Kristian is really in form these days.
I feel like we need a Kristian Karlsson vs Patrick Franziska match ASAP. They both improved a lot this year and I really have no idea who would win this one.

This user has no status.
Then you're not in the loop. Various players and associations have complained more than once to the ITTF about the removal of "separation by association."

I don't care if people complain. They're wrong. For it to be fair then we shouldn't have separation. Separating them is the unfair part. Then you can't have draws where for example Chinese knock each other out early. The draw becomes artificial and not a reflection of abilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joepole