• Jun Mizutani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Ding Ning shut out Zhu Yuling 4-0 the last two times they played and she is now ranked #2 in the world, although it is clear that that she is the best now. How is Ding Ning seeded #6 then? Can somebody please explain the seeding "logic" to me.

Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Thanks for the info. If this is correct, then IMHO, the policy is very bad from a sporting point of view. How can the organizers or seeding committee justify this?

Probably seedings were based on the world rankings at the entry deadline date.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Ma Long teaches Fzd another lesson.

Id bet my house on FZD this time around. ML is struggling to regain his top form while FZD is making tremendous progress in his game. LJK is the real threat, not ML nor LGY, to FZD at this point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
highlights no.1, LGL is with the team, will coach the match

no.2, sent "DingDong" FZD/DN and "XinWen"XX/LSW for mix double, as a try for 2020.

595543cdgy1fwozf0cctsj22no3rb1kz.jpg595543cdgy1fwozf7b2hbj22jy3m1hdu.jpg595543cdgy1fwozfbsdtnj22no3rbx6q.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
yes its better to see more Chinese players. Even if they lose, it will also give more occasion for their opponents to test themselves and challenge those guys

So true. Non-Chinese players used to have only 1 or 2 opportunity per year to play against top players. It's got to be good for the game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Weird. In the match between Truls and Romain, at about 4:05 the ball bounces on Romain's side of the table but both players and the referee continue the point.

Sem Título.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Romain Ruiz has incredible backhand flicks and creates insane spin in general. Reminds me of Calderano. Why has he no results at all? Watched highlights of his match Vs Truls.

Quality of shots is up there, he's got some of the Simon Gauzy and Tristan Flore about him. Plays alongside Mattenet and Ouaiche (also Nima Alamian!), and he's been on a steady rise: http://www.fftt.com/site/personnes/ruiz-romain.

(However?) He's very much of the French school, with lots of variation and improvising quite a bit. Also, I can't help but think, sometimes going for the show. We've had so many such players (don't laugh as I am not comparing in terms of level, but I can be just the same as well... some people suggested it is because we get so much free play when training as youngsters), same thing happening in tennis. Obviously he's still on the rise, and about to step up a notch physically speaking. I hope he can keep the focus still, and think in terms of percentages. What we often get is players that make the highlights reels, by all evidence full of talent but who don't quite make it to the very top. Here I'm not necessarily referring to him and rather speaking in general terms, of course he's still very young and I hope he can find the best of both worlds (half of Xu Xin, French style, and I'll be a happy man).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I disagree regarding Ma Longs current form. He looked very sharp in the last CSL matches. Still, Fzd is on the rise, it'll be fireworks for sure.

Id bet my house on FZD this time around. ML is struggling to regain his top form while FZD is making tremendous progress in his game. LJK is the real threat, not ML nor LGY, to FZD at this point.