US Open 2018

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Cheers for the updated info Loopadoop. Any idea who has entered of late?

All the top USA Clubs are represented:

CA - Swan Warriors, ICC, World Champions, Alameda
NY - New York Indoor Sports, Lily Yip, Wang Chen, Topspin
TX - Houston International
NC - Triangle
OH - Samson Dubina

Kanak Jha may go deep in the Men's Singles this year due to his recent International experiences.

Other noted USA entries: Lily Zhang, Lily Yip, Wang Chen, Yue Wu, Alguetti brothers, Lady Ruano, Oliver Mader

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Maybe nothing. Remember 2018 WVC was held this year in USA. Of the 4000+ that attended roughly 800 were from the USA. Also Joola teams was just held witn 1000 players. Plus the Nationals witn their 600-700 players. Not everyone can attend all the big tournaments . Also I just checked Expedia. New York to Orlando 12/16- 12/22 staying at one of the tournament hotels was 751. New York to Vegas same dates staying at the Westgate was 334. What’s sad is based on my quick count there are are entries from California entered than there are from Florida.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Distance and weather probably dictate the crowd turnout. It is too cold in Vegas at this time and Orlando is too far for me.
I don’t think 52 (current temp)in Vegas is considered sub artic weather conditions

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Factors affecting decision to enter seem to be...

Cost... total cost of flights hotels meals and tourney. US Open 2018 costs on average 600 USD more than it did at Vegas. This is a huge factor.

Desire... some players only do one or two or zero big tourneys

Format or Events... Some players want to play and lose vs top players. Some want to watch top players. Some want to play a lot of matches. Some want to play vs higher rated players. Some like the tracks... some hate on it.

Location... Some want venue to be close to home... Some dont care about distance.

Friends... Some go to tourney only if certain friends go... if one or more dont go, then the individual might choose not to go.

Venue play conditions... some hate concrete... some dont care. Some hate bad light or light colored walls. Guess what, Vegas venue has light color walls in direct conflict with tourney guide sanctioning specs...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
I don’t think 52 (current temp)in Vegas is considered sub artic weather conditions

Here is from Google: The Las Vegas Weather in December is cold, with wind and occasional precipitation." High is 58 but low could be 32 (freezing).

I personally traveled to LV multiple times in the past when it was close to Xmas and weather was cold (to me as I live in SF Bay area.)

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
In California, when the temps get below 15 Celcius, the County declares an emergency and the City issued Ski Parkas for Californians to cope as best they can.

Personally. I laugh my luvin azz off every time I see a Californian act all silly around temps that are nowhere near cold or freezing. In the military, I had to sleep outside in minus 20 and lay down on ground for hours waiting for a pretend enemy... I am still sround.

Having said that, it can get downright cold at 15 Celcius in San Fransisco when cold, wet fog rolls in and the wind kicks up a tiny bit... a sudden 10 degree drop with moisture can really snap heat from you if you do not have a jacket and hat.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk