Rakza 7 vs tibhar mx-p

This user has no status.
Hello guys! I am thinking to change rubber from chinese to euro/jap for several reasons, biggest of them is that in humid conditions, the ball from Chinese rubbers slips. On bh, i use mx-p, which is good, but I felt that it's top sheet lost the grip soon.
When i twiddled and used mx-p for short time, I had some issues landing it on table, but might get it back on table with proper practice.
What I really want is a comparison between all rakza variants(7 & X) with evolution (mx-p and el-p). I also want to consider the durability.
Moreover, for bh, i am also thinking to try nittaku fastarc s1. I use a good blade, so I want a rubber that is not too fast and hard.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Elp is harder than both mxp

This will be hard to understand for anyone who takes a look at the facts and figures, which finds EL-P's sponge to be nominally 3 degrees on average softer than that of MX-P. The hardest EL-P at 44,4 is still softer than the softest MX-P at 45,7.

BUT with the stiffness of the topsheet considered I agree that EL-P feels a lot harder overall than MX-P.

Reactions: achalwins94
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Hey, I've been in Ahmedabad! Best biryani I'll ever have.

Compared to Rakza 7 the Fastarc S1 is a lot softer. It doesn't feel mushy as some tensors do but if you often hit the ball hard from a distance, you'll quickly get right through the sponge (it's the main reason why I changed for R7, each time both sides). It favours driving in all things and control over the table is exceptional (about these last three points, I have to say that I was playing 1.8mm, on my Xiom Offensive S). Grip is fair, it is very easy to activate but also shows its limits in terms of top end rotations. On the plus side, combined with the long and narrow pips you can very easily counter any fast ball with fairly deadly low-arc balls from playing over the table, and ease of directing the ball is right among the best you'll get (again, if you engage the sponge). Your aim has to be outpacing your opponent, more than outspinning or overpowering him. You can also count on extremely low spin-sensitivity. Both are from a similar generation, with fairly transparent topsheets and not the slightest hint of tack. They can be a little brittle at the edges as all tensors are but mine only lost the tiniest pieces of rubber, never any sponge.
With Rakza 7 you get a lot more oomph on power shots although it's got pretty low catapult levels, considering the category. It rewards better technique especially on flicks and all wrist shots, as the sponge is quite a bit harder to engage. Once you do, I genuinely believe a strong player could hold his own with it at lower professional level (not sure if any actually do?). It is not crazy good at anything, but it is dependable and at the very least least performs well in any shot you could think of. Chops from behind the table is the one shot I am still coming to grips with (it comes out amazing more and more as I play with it, but the tiniest overengaging of the sponge can still send the ball long). Over the table it is a very different affair, and spin-sensitivity is not a whole lot higher than with S-1. Flicks are much more lethal, and blocks are also more dangerous. I'd rate the capability in blocking as 4+ stars quite easily, but then the Fastarc is on another level of auto-pilot. It is just that the extra-power and still low-ish throw of R7 allow for more outright winners on 4th balls (also of course, counting the much higher top-end spin capabilities on active shots). With S-1 you can very easily control the rally and wait for the killer (punch shots being another forte).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
How would you compare rakza 7 with mx-p ? Since rakza 7 is one generation older, does it play good as compared to mx-p? If anyone could do a comparison between rakza 7 and mx-p, it would help me choosing my rubber.
Stay away from Rakza x. The topsheet erodes faster than 7 or Mxp. Elp is harder than both mxp and 7.

This user has no status.
Oh, Ahmedabad is an awesome place. I am now in Charlotte, US.
I used fastarc s1 briefly as someone uses it in my club and found easy to play. Good high-ish throw, soft sponge, good in blocks.
Since I usually play bh flicks and push, and don't usually play mid bh loops(since I am not a pro), I was thinking to use medium sponge rubber that will give me control and let me have good position in rallies and then attack lethally from fh. I have used mx-p in bh and it has been good for while flicks, but was not able to play confidently in long rallies due to hard sponge
Hey, I've been in Ahmedabad! Best biryani I'll ever have.

Compared to Rakza 7 the Fastarc S1 is a lot softer. It doesn't feel mushy as some tensors do but if you often hit the ball hard from a distance, you'll quickly get right through the sponge (it's the main reason why I changed for R7, each time both sides). It favours driving in all things and control over the table is exceptional (about these last three points, I have to say that I was playing 1.8mm, on my Xiom Offensive S). Grip is fair, it is very easy to activate but also shows its limits in terms of top end rotations. On the plus side, combined with the long and narrow pips you can very easily counter any fast ball with fairly deadly low-arc balls from playing over the table, and ease of directing the ball is right among the best you'll get (again, if you engage the sponge). Your aim has to be outpacing your opponent, more than outspinning or overpowering him. You can also count on extremely low spin-sensitivity. Both are from a similar generation, with fairly transparent topsheets and not the slightest hint of tack. They can be a little brittle at the edges as all tensors are but mine only lost the tiniest pieces of rubber, never any sponge.
With Rakza 7 you get a lot more oomph on power shots although it's got pretty low catapult levels, considering the category. It rewards better technique especially on flicks and all wrist shots, as the sponge is quite a bit harder to engage. Once you do, I genuinely believe a strong player could hold his own with it at lower professional level (not sure if any actually do?). It is not crazy good at anything, but it is dependable and at the very least least performs well in any shot you could think of. Chops from behind the table is the one shot I am still coming to grips with (it comes out amazing more and more as I play with it, but the tiniest overengaging of the sponge can still send the ball long). Over the table it is a very different affair, and spin-sensitivity is not a whole lot higher than with S-1. Flicks are much more lethal, and blocks are also more dangerous. I'd rate the capability in blocking as 4+ stars quite easily, but then the Fastarc is on another level of auto-pilot. It is just that the extra-power and still low-ish throw of R7 allow for more outright winners on 4th balls (also of course, counting the much higher top-end spin capabilities on active shots). With S-1 you can very easily control the rally and wait for the killer (punch shots being another forte).

Reactions: Ioiettino
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Both MX-P and R7 are good and similar in many ways. I'd say MX-P is grippier and while its sponge feels softer than R7, its topsheet feels harder than R7. If you like MX-P on your BH, I'd recommend you also use it on your FH. If you want a softer, bouncier feeling, try regular Tenergy or S-1. And if you want an even softer feeling: FX-P, Rakza 7 Soft, Rasanter 42 or Tenergy FX.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ioiettino
This user has no status.
Both MX-P and R7 are good and similar in many ways. I'd say MX-P is grippier and while its sponge feels softer than R7, its topsheet feels harder than R7. If you like MX-P on your BH, I'd recommend you also use it on your FH. If you want a softer, bouncier feeling, try regular Tenergy or S-1. And if you want an even softer feeling: FX-P, Rakza 7 Soft, Rasanter 42 or Tenergy FX.
I am currently testing my mx-p on fh. Since I used h3 neo before, I feel mx-p fast in near table. I think that if I practice well, I will get in sync with mx-p, but felt that the topsheet loses grip quite fast, hence thought to go for rakza 7. I have enough power in my fh strokes, so I need a consistent rubber with good spin and speed. I tried tenergy 05, but it is out of my budget.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Ok then, S-1 should suit you quite nicely on BH. There is also a slight drop in performance with R7 after a couple of months (not to mention a fairly long break-in period), but I find it worth the trade-off for even more stability with still above average playing capabilities. You could also try Vega Pro (still talking about your forehand).

Edit: for your backhand, if you want to focus more on spin and still have excellent touch in all shots, TSP Ventus Spin is just great even in 1.8/1.9mm. It is also roughly from the same generation and a modern classic, at least in French clubs.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
well it completely depends on u which rubber to choose.if u need more speed and punch from ur setup then go for mxp.well the best way to describe elp is the slowed down version of mxp.if u think mxp is too hard or difficult to control then go for elp it has more control and little less speed and spin compared to mxp. when it comes to durability both rubber last for about six months while doing regular training. rakza 7 can be compared to elp they have almost same characteristics. I suggest go for elp either than going for rakza.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
well it completely depends on u which rubber to choose.if u need more speed and punch from ur setup then go for mxp.well the best way to describe elp is the slowed down version of mxp.if u think mxp is too hard or difficult to control then go for elp it has more control and little less speed and spin compared to mxp. when it comes to durability both rubber last for about six months while doing regular training. rakza 7 can be compared to elp they have almost same characteristics. I suggest go for elp either than going for rakza.

EL-P's topsheet is not grippy and doesn't last as long as MX-P's. If he wants more control, FX-P is a much better rubber (same topsheet as MX-P but softer sponge). The EL versions are not that good in my opinion, whilst the MX & FX versions of the Evolution series are strong.

Last edited:
If i am not mistaken, mxp was released earlier but it was only for pro tibhar players. Spin is aost the same but powerwise mxp is stronger.

How would you compare rakza 7 with mx-p ? Since rakza 7 is one generation older, does it play good as compared to mx-p? If anyone could do a comparison between rakza 7 and mx-p, it would help me choosing my rubber.

This user has no status.
So I am almost tilted to get mx-p on fh. How would rakza 7 on bh? I am thinking to get rakza 7 or nittaku fastarc s-1 on bh. Not thinking to get el-p after getting information from you all about it.
One thing about rakza 7 is that i have faced some opponents who had rakza 7 and rakza 7 soft, and I would say that I had some issues playing against them and when I faced people having evolution rubbers, I anticipated the range of shots, probably because I myself use one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I've been using rakza 7 as BH and MX-P as FH, and r7 is slightly faster, both attached in a Donic Waldner Senso Carbon (WSC), I was a beginner when I was playing and rakza is grippy but the lifetime is lower than mx-p, r7 is more direct in chops, very good at topspin but I think a little bit less control than MX-P. My 2 cents. Now I'm playing with EL-P as BH and H8 as FH, not like H3N, much less tacky but way faster and if you soften it is easier to impart spin in services.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

says Footwork footwork footwork
Speaking about the R7 on the BH: I think it’s wonderful. Very spinny and direct on attack. I feel very controlled on blocking and I feel like it’s not very spin sensitive. I’m able to Bh flick almost any short serve. Confidence inspiring rubber on my Bh. Highly recommended!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marc and JST
This user has no status.
How is it in fast rallies? Is the control on par to have rallies on bh with r7 ?
Speaking about the R7 on the BH: I think it’s wonderful. Very spinny and direct on attack. I feel very controlled on blocking and I feel like it’s not very spin sensitive. I’m able to Bh flick almost any short serve. Confidence inspiring rubber on my Bh. Highly recommended!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I've been using rakza 7 as BH and MX-P as FH, and r7 is slightly faster, both attached in a Donic Waldner Senso Carbon (WSC), I was a beginner when I was playing and rakza is grippy but the lifetime is lower than mx-p, r7 is more direct in chops, very good at topspin but I think a little bit less control than MX-P. My 2 cents. Now I'm playing with EL-P as BH and H8 as FH, not like H3N, much less tacky but way faster and if you soften it is easier to impart spin in services.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk
How would you compare el-p with r7? And can you compare their sponge and topsheet ?