How to get kids/youngsters to listen?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Involving them to participate is better and also develops their feeding skills which will benefit both sides in the long run.

Okay, maybe you are correct. Will try to ask for more balls but do not Think we have the Money.

sounds like you have way too many kids at 1 time (8 to 14 tables is 16 to 28 kids?)

in Asia, they line the kids up in two rows and they must stand "military style" and listen
In west, you will get lawyers letter very quickly.

you can try sit the kids down in a circle
an example is a training camp I ran with the Namibian junior team: https://scontent.fcpt7-1.fna.fbcdn....=8ebfcad6984f505569e4ed4ba07ed125&oe=5C7862D9

https://scontent.fcpt7-1.fna.fbcdn....=84f8788e37cca590f2d0c9e228e8ed51&oe=5C7B1A44

Maybe im wrong, need to Count the tables the next time i practice. But i am not alone, usually have one or two more coaches. We sit in a circle with the younger Groups, but i Think the last Group need that.

I think that this depends on the culture of the sport & club. My daughter has been active in athletics and gymnastics for about 6 years (she's 12 now). Anyone not listening or goofing around are simply sent out of the sports hall. Some parents argue initially but either settle in or leave. She got a real shock when she tried out basketball and the other girls were doing all sorts of things while the coach was trying to explain the drill.

I do however quite often watch the juniors practice before us veterans in my club and the discipline is fantastic but that is kids in their mid to upper teens (quite a few Swedish youth champs) so I guess that you can build such an environment within TT as well in "the west".

Maybe i need to be more hard on them. I do not like that kind of leadership. We also send out people off if the goof around to much or say bad things. Which club are you training at?

True on the sugar
but it is also what the parent supports more.
I still remember a scene (and even a fellow South African national player who went on a separate trip saw something similar)

A coach scolded a young kid and send the kid to the corner.
The parent saw it and went to scolded a 2nd round to the same kid for making the coach scold at him/her.

In the east, there are still some grounds where coach/teachers is always right, but slowly the influence of the west is making more lawyers letters and these coaches/teachers are slowly and surely taking a step back and "don't get into" unnecessary trouble

I think tutors of todays are so much more difficult than when I actively started coaching near 10 years back

I also think coaching is harder nowdays, I do believe that when i was young i hade more respect for older people.

Thanks for the answers!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Good club! Then you had my old coach Sjöberg, good coach! Who is the coach now?

Wall coached the youths before the summer but then left for Boo or something like that. He still plays for the senior team in Superettan so I'm not quite sure what the setup it.

I play with the veteran B-team and we're currently without a coach. I've only met Sjöberg at a few one day training camps arranged by Japsko. Fantastic coaching.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Wall coached the youths before the summer but then left for Boo or something like that. He still plays for the senior team in Superettan so I'm not quite sure what the setup it.

I play with the veteran B-team and we're currently without a coach. I've only met Sjöberg at a few one day training camps arranged by Japsko. Fantastic coaching.

Okay! Hope you find a coach soon. I find it more funny to help older players since they listen more and appreciate it more. Are going to the Japsko camp in Söderhamn? Im thinking about it, but im worried about the class, but Sjöberg said the sparring will be really good. Hope to see you there!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Okay! Hope you find a coach soon. I find it more funny to help older players since they listen more and appreciate it more. Are going to the Japsko camp in Söderhamn? Im thinking about it, but im worried about the class, but Sjöberg said the sparring will be really good. Hope to see you there!

I'm really a beginner so it's hard to judge the class but the Stockholm camps have been H7-H3 type senior/veteran players. Sjöberg has also brought in some elite sparring partners (Japsko sponsored juniors?). I guess that Söderhamn might attract better players considering the location.