good Blade and rubbers for intermediate player

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Hi, I've been playing table tennis for a good few years mainly just for fun in work but recently we have setup a team and now play in a league, I'm really enjoying it and definitely improving all the time, I used to play with a stigma calibra but the rubbers went and I decided to buy a bat from amazon, it's a Palio master 2, I find it ok but I'm really looking at a custom blade and rubbers combo but I'm lost really with the choices, I'm looking at a fairly attacking bat but but not too fast as I still need control, I've looked at a few but don't want to spend all that money on a new bat which will be no good for me.
i would say I'm an intermediate player and capable of playing fast but do miss some shots. I'm looking at joola zelebro with rhyzer 48 forehand and 43 backhand, anybody got any experience with this bat or recommend anything else for me.
thanks

This user has no status.
Blade: Korbel is a cheap and very good (all-wood) OFF blade. Its been around for many years and people still love it while its one of the cheapest Butterfly ones. Many other good blades. Currently TSP Swat is the most sold blade in Japan. it should be a bit faster than Korbel which is all-wood 5 ply while Swat is all-wood 7 ply

If I were you, i would avoid Carbon blades, they're too fast.

For rubbers, i think Fastarc G1 or Vega Europe or Rozena , you can't go wrong with it, they are at the top of sales ranking (in Japan)

http://world-tt.com/ps_goods/goods_ranking.php

If you have a bigger budget, try the Tenergy05 or 80, they're the best rubbers. There is a reason why most pros use them.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Hi, I've been playing table tennis for a good few years mainly just for fun in work but recently we have setup a team and now play in a league, I'm really enjoying it and definitely improving all the time, I used to play with a stigma calibra but the rubbers went and I decided to buy a bat from amazon, it's a Palio master 2, I find it ok but I'm really looking at a custom blade and rubbers combo but I'm lost really with the choices, I'm looking at a fairly attacking bat but but not too fast as I still need control, I've looked at a few but don't want to spend all that money on a new bat which will be no good for me.
i would say I'm an intermediate player and capable of playing fast but do miss some shots. I'm looking at joola zelebro with rhyzer 48 forehand and 43 backhand, anybody got any experience with this bat or recommend anything else for me.
thanks

That setup is waaaaaay too fast. I’ve tried it, and I can tell you it’s almost uncontrollable for anyone less than a pro.

Go with other suggestions in the thread, or get a OFF- all-wood blade with Rhyzers on top. There are many many suggestions in this forum, just search for it. Carl has very good suggestions for a sensible blade in most of these threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I agree with my fellow TTD users here, an OFF- 5-layer all-wood blade will give you a lot of feel and touch, yet a very good amount of speed and power, perfect for a developing player and all the way to the pros. Some of the best and cheapest you'll come across are indeed the Butterfly Korbel and the Stiga Azalea OFF.

Rubber-wise, I would stir away from rubbers that are too hard/fast and require a lot of expertise to control like the Rhyzer 48, and also advise you to play with the same rubber on both sides if you're still developing which it sounds like, and finally not to get maximum thickness at first. The Rhyzer 43 might fit the bill, I haven't tried it myself. I can highly recommend the Tenergy FX series, Tibhar Evolution FX-P, Andro Rasanter 42, Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft. Butterfly Rozena and Xiom Vega Europe are good too.

Last edited: