Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
I am sure the organisation can find someone can really translate what the players say. Everytime I hear the translator translate what the players said, it was not the same as the players said. Sometimes it was totally rubbish

Reactions: Atas Newton

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Xu Xin with his usual delay tricks at the end when he feels in danger, poor sportmanship.

Reactions: Danny21312
This user has no status.
I think XX found the right way how to beat harimoro, changing the spin, playing short and make harimoto play spin shots rather then fast ones.

not to forget his usual tactics from playing the time ("ah what bummer i threw the ball to far on the table so i have to go get it again after wiping my hands") on his own serves to downright interrupting harimotos serve flow ("let me swing at that imaginary fly while having my match points"). This is not about how this behaviour shouldnt affect you or not as a professional. It just makes xx highly unlikable to me personally in my own individual opinion. It doesnt exactly follow the rule of WWTD - what would timo do. A great game to watch nevertheless

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
I am sure the organisation can find someone can really translate what the players say. Everytime I hear the translator translate what the players said, it was not the same as the players said. Sometimes it was totally rubbish

Totally agree.
From memory, Xx says: Tomo played very agressive at the beginning, with a lot of high risk shots. When I was behind, I keep thinking of solutions. I believe that I can win this match, and this confidence help me alot.
Translator: something about Xx's forehand...
At the beginning, I wasn't sure if the guy was talking out of his mind or translating, because the female translated in Austrian.

Reactions: bobpuls
Totally agree.
From memory, Xx says: Tomo played very agressive at the beginning, with a lot of high risk shots. When I was behind, I keep thinking of solutions. I believe that I can win this match, and this confidence help me alot.
Translator: something about Xx's forehand...
At the beginning, I wasn't sure if the guy was talking out of his mind or translating, because the female translated in Austrian.

First-there is no Austrian language, its german.
Second - the female translater absolutely said foooourrr .... haaand.....

Reactions: bobpuls
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
It's really difficult. Translating is not the same as interpreting. You need to be highly trained to act as a real-time interpreter. It's a profession with stringent demands that most people don't even realize.

http://www.languagescientific.com/the-difference-between-translation-and-interpreting/
An interpreter, on the other hand, must be able to translate in both directions on the spot, without using dictionaries or other supplemental reference materials. Interpreters must have extraordinary listening abilities, especially for simultaneous interpreting. Simultaneous interpreters need to process and memorize the words that the source-language speaker is saying now, while simultaneously outputting in the target language the translation of words the speaker said 5-10 seconds ago.
Interpreters must also posess excellent public speaking skills and the intellectual capacity to instantly transform idioms, colloquialisms and other culturally-specific references into analogous statements the target audience will understand.

It's been half a year since I started subbing videos, and I still get stuck for minutes at times with unfamiliar terms and have to look up the dictionary. You don't have that luxury when interpreting. Just saying.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I agree but considering the Japanese and Chinese dominance on the sport, if not for anything but just help in spreading the word should not ITTF hire some permanent interpreters for Platinum world tour events ?
It's really difficult. Translating is not the same as interpreting. You need to be highly trained to act as a real-time interpreter. It's a profession with stringent demands that most people don't even realize.

http://www.languagescientific.com/the-difference-between-translation-and-interpreting/

It's been half a year since I started subbing videos, and I still get stuck for minutes at times with unfamiliar terms and have to look up the dictionary. You don't have that luxury when interpreting. Just saying.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Just watching the highlights of Liu Shiwen vs Cheng Meng ... is it me or really suddenly Cheng Meng's Quads has grown FZD / ZJK size ? ... don't remember seeing that before ...

It's you - she has always looked like that since she trained after her injury- she is easily the most powerful CNT player since LXX retired. WMY may get there one day on sheer length.

Reactions: ttmonster
Jan 2018
I agree but considering the Japanese and Chinese dominance on the sport, if not for anything but just help in spreading the word should not ITTF hire some permanent interpreters for Platinum world tour events ?

A permanent interpreter might not be the best choice here for ITTF, seeing top players typically only play at the Platinum events and 1 or 2 select regular events. With roughly 5(the minimum for Grand Finals) to 7 events a year, that's not the best use of resources.

I just checked. The salary for a fluent Japanese/Chinese/English interpreter is ¥5000K, roughly US$44000. 3 friggin' languages!!! With 5 years of experience! No wonder there's a shortage of professional interpreter. It doesn't get appreciated for the difficulty of the work involved.

lxHrm0O.png

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Today I was very impressed by Harimoto’s FH. It’s always been said his FH was relatively weak but today I think he really hit the ball hard and won quite a few FH to FH rallies and against XX it means a lot !!

I think XX can thank his luck not to have lost today but its just a matter of time before HT gets the upper hand on him

Go Tomo !!

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
You are all caring for this kid.... But I think he is still lucky to be in this place.... And he is good... Still he is growing and also the screaming is fading away... He has a good future in front