Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
Thanks!

I feel that with HT's current technique, he can defeat xuxin, however he still cant handle the pressure well, causing inconsistency on his stroke.

He's clearly getting closer to beating him everytime. I was amazed by HT FH side this time. Before one could argue he was lacking power. I don't think he's lacking power anymore. He won quite a few FH to FH rallies against XX which is one of the strongest in the world.

Reactions: Danny21312
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
He's clearly getting closer to beating him everytime. I was amazed by HT FH side this time. Before one could argue he was lacking power. I don't think he's lacking power anymore. He won quite a few FH to FH rallies against XX which is one of the strongest in the world.

I saw what you saw as well.

The kid is 15. I repeat the kid is 15. It may take time for people to fully appreciate that. But the kid is 15.

Xu Xin escaped with the second game and that allowed him to take more risks. I think this match was actually good for Tomokazu as it exposed something he needs to work on. But I don't think there is any rush, he has time to learn. Penhold sidespin is a bit different because of the racket trajectory.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
rRPhoZYh.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Wow what a final set, well done LJK. I wonder if this is his watershed moment

Well I think this was his easiest path to be honest as difficult as it was as he beats these players in the Super League. The real issue will be how he performs against the top foreigners. He has done well for the most part but the Jang Woojin loss is the other end of the spectrum.

The talent is clearly there, and the CNT does need him. He and Fan Zhendong are a class apart from the rest of the world in pure physical strength and LJK probably has the best backhand play in the world (similar to Harimoto and probably a teeny bit above Fan, though I can see other takes on this).

As long as he maintains his fitness and gets more experience he should continue. But Jang Woojin will be the next test.

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017

Maybe it was his best game so far when it comes to the FH side. But he still has to improve his technique and very important consistency, sometimes he plays lacklustre and subpar for his standard, Swedish Open against Duda for example. It will be interesting to see how he evolves next year.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
It also seems like WM chokes a little bit .. I could see no new ideas or even efforts to change it up .. when it was clear that she could not get ZY BH-BH .. .why not try to mix it up and switch the game to forehand ? ... also no time out !!! .. I don't understand .. unless she got injured after playing the long pips player does not make sense to me ...
It looks like Chen Meng is adding Zhu Yuling's skills to her repertoire. Zhu Yuling is clearly trying to develop a more offensive mindset now though after the Ito debacle last weekend. But Chen Meng is just staying in balance and taking advantage of Wang Manyu.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Really happy for LJK . His main test however was not XX but FZD. Lately he could not get past FZD even in domestic tournaments although many of their games were close. This win will give him lots of confidence going forward. After becoming Chinese national champion and solid showing in ITTF tour this year, LJK is atleast sure to be preferred above LGY now in CNT.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Really happy for LJK . His main test however was not XX but FZD. Lately he could not get past FZD even in domestic tournaments although many of their games were close. This win will give him lots of confidence going forward. After becoming Chinese national champion and solid showing in ITTF tour this year, LJK is atleast sure to be preferred above LGY now in CNT.

With LGY's regression, I agree this is possible. But LJK has to convert on major opportunities and in trials. This is where LGY usually has the advantage.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
LJKEquipment.jpg This is a close up of LJK's equipment. He probably still plays with Viscaria and Hurricane. What is his backhand rubber? Maybe a Joola Golden Tango/PS or Haifu rubber?