Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
6 CNT players. Ha ha ha. We all know the end result !!
Not necessarily. Usualy they take main draw according to World Ranking and in that ranking Ma Long and Liang and Ding are quite far. It is very possible that they will meet much earlier then expected. Let's imagine that XX and LDS and LGY are in one half. Let's say XX meets them early and defeat them after that he will be defeated by jang woojin or mizutani. In the other half it is possible that LJK will meet FZD very early and defeat him and also Ma long but finally harimoto defeats LJK. And after all we will have no chinese final…
Of course it is rather wishful thinking but still possible. Everything depends on the draw.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Welp, I know where America is. That's all I need to know!

Nice attempt, if i would fall for whataboutism.
[EMOJI23]
But still interesting, i expected worse.

actually, 13 East Asian players, 1 South American, 2 European, and 0 from the rest. Seems like the rest of the world needs to step up. Maybe it's time to import some talented CNT coaches to Europe to level the field?

Once you're at it, might as well also import the popularity of Tabletennis, plus the whole infrastructure plus some young players too.

Mate, there are no quick 'n easy solutions for very complex problems even when loud people claim the opposite.

Last edited:
Reactions: perham
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Not necessarily. Usualy they take main draw according to World Ranking and in that ranking Ma Long and Liang and Ding are quite far. It is very possible that they will meet much earlier then expected. Let's imagine that XX and LDS and LGY are in one half. Let's say XX meets them early and defeat them after that he will be defeated by jang woojin or mizutani. In the other half it is possible that LJK will meet FZD very early and defeat him and also Ma long but finally harimoto defeats LJK. And after all we will have no chinese final…
Of course it is rather wishful thinking but still possible. Everything depends on the draw.
Draw is not according to world ranking but rather according to Tour standing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Do you really thing so?

I do. Whatever it is, it is definitely not the lack of enthusiasm. At youth stage, if you want your child to be trained well you still have to send them to a "big" club in Belgium to have a good level coach. If we had Chinese level coaches, I do think the whole system would benefit a lot. The results might not be apparent in short term, but give it 10 years and you'll see the difference.

I would like also to see more Table Tennis tournaments on Eurosport TV. It's a great step towards increasing the popularity of the sport. Men's world cup was a great start.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I do. Whatever it is, it is definitely not the lack of enthusiasm. At youth stage, if you want your child to be trained well you still have to send them to a "big" club in Belgium to have a good level coach. If we had Chinese level coaches, I do think the whole system would benefit a lot. The results might not be apparent in short term, but give it 10 years and you'll see the difference.

Really? This is quite far from reality, mate.
As for Germany this is already happening since long time.

FSV Mainz 05 (2nd Bundesliga - the club Kanak Jha is playing for)
Coach: Li Bing
TTC Rhönsprudel Fulda (TTBL)
Coach: Meng Qing Yu

TTF Ochsenhausen (TTBL)
Coach: Fu Yong

Coach HeTTV: Gao Xiaoyun
DTTZ coach: Zhu Xiaojong

Those are just the first that came to my mind, there are plenty more, like Qiu Dang's father for instance or on the female side Jie Schöpp.
So this alone can't be the solution.
[Emoji6]

This user has no status.
Using your efficiency metric, he is still in the top half of that list. And everyone else on that list is at least 5 years older than he is. Why does he have to collect more to justify the hype? Other than Benedikt Duda at the Swedish Open and Filus at the German Open, most of his losses have been to better players. He may not pan out as well as some of us expect, but I think he has collected more than enough.

Hey, never said HT wasn't impressive. I just thought he would have more points because I see his name everywhere. I mean I didn't think LGY would have a 130 pt. average, because he's had a relatively quiet year.