Blade Information

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
5 ply Off- to off blades are safe choices. Go with Stiga Azalea offensive or Xiom Offensive S.

Hey Yogi, I see you recommending Azalea a lot, and your review of it on MTT is quite good.
I'm just curious, do you know how Azalea compares to Yinhe E3? It is the same composition, weight and thickness.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
5 ply Off- to off blades are safe choices. Go with Stiga Azalea offensive or Xiom Offensive S.

I second that.

Other blade options in the same range: Nittaku Acoustic, Butterfly Primorac, OSP Virtuoso OFF-. You can also call the stores, see what weights they have in stock and require you desired available weight.

I'd read that you should use a hard blade with soft rubber but I'm using 2 allround wood blades which are not particularly hard. I've also been wondering whether to try a carbon blade after many years of playing with all wood blades.

I played with a Yasaka Sweden for quite a while, paired with Rakza 7 Soft rubbers both sides (faster than what you're using). Also played with a Butterfly Primorac (OFF-) with TSP Ventus Soft both sides. I personally prefer the feeling of a soft blade with medium rubbers than a medium soft blade with soft rubbers. If you decided to go that route instead, you could pair your Yasaka Sweden with Rakza 7 Soft, Tibhar Evolution FX-P, Butterfly Rozena, Andro Rasanter 42...

Reactions: russell