Looking for a pair of new rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Hey guys, im playing almost a year now and Im feeling the need to buy a new pair of rubbers soon. Im currently using andro Hexer Duro 1.9mm on my FH and BH.
For the future I would like to play a medium+/hard rubber on my FH. (Or are there any downsides?)
On my backhand I would like to play a softer rubber. I like to attack over the table with my backhand but also want enough speed to close out point with my backhand.
Of course my technique is not the best since Im relatively new to the sport. Would I benefit from a softer rubber or should I stick with medium on my backhand?

On my FH I would like to play the something like the DHS Neo Hurricane 3, Tibhar MX-S or P, Xiom Vega China.
You can also add some recommendations if you like.

On my BH I would ike to play something like the Tibhar Nimbus Soft.
Like I said I like attacking over the table but also want to have enough speed in my strokes if I have to stand a little behind the table. And I have no Idea which rubber would fit those needs.

Hopefully one of you guys can help me. :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
For the future I would like to play a medium+/hard rubber on my FH. (Or are there any downsides?)

Yes.

Of course my technique is not the best

Medium rubbers should be ok, but stay away from stuff like DHS Neo Hurricane 3, Tibhar MX-S or P, Xiom Vega China.

Too hard, too unforgiving.

A nice upgrade from the Duro would be HeXer Grip.

On my BH I would ike to play something like the Tibhar Nimbus Soft.

If you´d like to go soft, at least go a little more modern. Nimbus Soft is fun to play with, but doesn´t last very long. Newer generation soft rubbers do a better job in that respect. A great rubber is Tibhar Evolution FX-P, gives good spin, speed and durability.

Xiom Vega China is an old rubber. The newer and much improved version is Xiom Tau.
I agree with Airoc that DHS NH3 and the chinese style Xioms are not easy rubbers. There is a great difference between "slightly tacky" and "really tacky" hard chinese style rubbers.
If you want to go with harder rubbers, I would highly recomend Xiom Omega V Asia - excellent for full-size strokes plus the tensor strength.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Ok so I will definately give the Tibhar Evolution FX-P a go on my Backhand.
So on my FH I should go with Vega Euro or Xiom Omega V Asia?
Now I am just wondering why some of you recommended that I should go with the same rubber on both sides?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Ok so I will definately give the Tibhar Evolution FX-P a go on my Backhand.
So on my FH I should go with Vega Euro or Xiom Omega V Asia?
Now I am just wondering why some of you recommended that I should go with the same rubber on both sides?

You asked if you would benefit from a softer rubber on your backhand. Everyone's needs are different and if you can't answer that question on your own at this point, it's better to keep the same rubber on both sides as you're developing your strokes on both wings and later better figure out your different needs for FH and BH if any. Many players, pros included, use the same rubber on both sides...

If you've narrowed it down to FX-P and Vega Euro, both fine options, I suggest you pick one and use it on both wings, you'll avoid a lot confusion since you're just developing your game at this point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
If you've narrowed it down to FX-P and Vega Euro, both fine options, I suggest you pick one and use it on both wings, you'll avoid a lot confusion since you're just developing your game at this point.

I agree here.

However there is one other option. While a little change/progression always feels good, you might stick to the Hexer Duro for another period of game development, probably 2.1 mm, and then move on. But nothing wrong about doing it now either.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Omega v asia is different from vega asia df. Asia df is softer while o.ega v asia is hard.

Hi Yogi, If I want to move away from Tenergy 05 (FH) and 05 FX (BH) then would should I opt for? Also I am not comfortable using heavier setups.