says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Been reading around on rubbers for this blade, and eventually figured out it might be picky on rubbers.
I come from DHS Pg-13 (hurricane hao III wannabe), Evolution MX-P and Acuda blue P2.
Acuda Blue P2 is awesome for most things on this blade (all-round play, flicks, chops, snakes, anything), but, lacks the finishing power far from the table that I want on my fh side.

The reason I changed (to this blade) was a combination of my blade cracking, a bunch of awesome reviews and a tiny bit of impulse.
I'm mostly very content with it, the grip/handle is far more comfortable, it has more gears (touch shots go too short, hard shots far from table mostly go too long, in the beginning), which is a con in the short term, but pro in the long term as I see it, already pretty adjusted (had it for about 3 weeks but I dont train regularly due to bachelor). My bh with acuda blue p2 also seems more consistent and I can even bh chop comfortably, which I couldn't with the pg-13 as easily.
I also did play penhold before but changed this summer to shakehand.

To me right now the MX-P is pretty nice, but it fits a bit better on PG-13 imho. My problems are lack of feedback, and the throw angle is.. a bit low, and when I loop higher, well, it can rather quickly go too long.
I still want a harder and faster rubber than Acuda Blue P2, but I've been shooting both long and short with the MX-P treiber-z, more than with the old.

I saw mindtrip said on the former thread (I did try to contact him but seems he's gone inactive, which is why I made this thread)

I had a three hour session with the Treiber Z using MXP and Omega Pro yesterday. Overall, I think this is the right direction versus using the softer sponged Bluestorm Z3. The feeling was excellent. I got the power I needed away from the table and was able to maintain a gentle touch on softer contact. I may go a tad softer yet with a different rubber on the FH to get a little catapult and dwell time. Some medium rubbers I have stashed away will do the trick.

and then, later on, went to say:
Just to update, I glued some T05 to the Treiber Z and didn’t like the results. True, compared to the Freitas anyway, my blocks were easier to keep short, pushes were nice, served really well and smashes had just enough power, BUT I couldn’t loop worth a flip. They’d go in the net or go long for the most part. The ones that did land didn’t seem to kick or carry as much spin as with Freitas ALC. That’s after a 30 minute evaluation before returning back to my MF alc for the remainder of the session. I’ll be going back to the mxp m3 combo next time.

So, collecting all this information and making sense of it. T05 did not work well, although he somehow wanted to go softer than MX-P.
I know a lot of people are using Rasant rubbers, and rasanter r47 is definitely highest contender from there (I think R42 is too soft, and maybe R50 is too hard again idk although some are using that on ttdb).
But is not Rasanter R47 kinda similar to T05? Or could this one for some reason work better than T05 on the Treiber Z?
Specifically in terms of looping which seems like the issue for some reasons.
BUT! It's also mindboggling to me how he's somehow using T05 on ttdb. https://revspin.net/user/MindTrip.html
and not knowing which one is outdated, I can't make sense of this.. obviously overanalyzing.

Answering those questions and any other valuable experience with rubbers on this blade would also be appreciated :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews
I have been playing with R47 on my fh for 1 1/2 season and I must say that I’m really happy with it. To me it’s not like T05
at all. R47 is fast enough, spinny enough, durable and most of all it’s easy to play with for such a fast rubber. Throw is
lower than T05 same goes with spin but I would pick R47 even if T05 would be as cheap as R47.

Reactions: Kaizoku
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Haha sorry for being wishy washy.
Question is basically if anyone have rubber experience on the treiber z. As well as Rasanter 47 experience.

I don't think mx-s is what I'm looking for... Tried it on hurricane hao III.
Thank you Tommy [emoji16] but although the throw is lower its still relatively medium high yeah? Higher than mx-p maybe?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Treiber Z is very well with Airoc S and h3 neo boosted. But every rubber will have different problems. Blade is 6,5/10 hardness but impact is soft. Rasant plays well
Bh side different story.
Rakza 7 soft . If you want something faster on bh acuda s2 and slower on fh- baracuda. Blade will be head heavy

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Interesting. (both) never considered fastarc g1.. Maybe I should. Anyone know how it compare to rasanter r47 though.

Also, my bh is fine with acuda blue p2. It's still developing (I'm fh dominant) and I like the nice touch I get with it. So don't plan on swapping my bh rubber any time soon.
Only fh rubber on treiber z.

Edit: btw! Just for reference(looked at tt daily andro blade review), is treiber fo the treiber z follow up? Or different?
Someone said it was a tiny bit faster at revspin, what makes it so?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I saw mindtrip said on the former thread (I did try to contact him but seems he's gone inactive, which is why I made this thread)

Not inactive, just been out of the country on vacation for a week. To further answer your questions...
I went through a phase where I preferred catapult spin rubbers like T05, r47 and Airoc S. Those rubbers worked well and felt great on my other ALC and ZLC blades. For some reason, I'm assuming from the slow gears and dampening of the blade, I struggled to loop. I probably could've made the combination work had I spent more time developing a more forward swing, forcing the ball to engage deeper into the rubber, but nonetheless, I couldn't get the corky feeling, high spin that I was used to using medium to soft rubbers. MXP did work very well with this blade. I had no problems looping, pushing or blocking with that rubber. My issues with MXP are with the rubber alone, not the combination of Treiber Z and MXP. As those who have used MXP before, it's prone to shrinkage. Accidently hitting your rubber on the table while returning a short serve, yeah, the rubber is basically trash if you need to reglue.

Yes, my ttdb profile states I use T05. I also use R42 or R47 on my backhand. But I'm currently using an Apolonia ZLC. This blade works well with the rubbers I prefer. Soft touch shots near the net aren't as dead as they are with Treiber Z. But I play a lot more consistently with the Apolonia, as it's more similar to other blades I've used.

Reactions: Kaizoku
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Not inactive, just been out of the country on vacation for a week. To further answer your questions...
I went through a phase where I preferred catapult spin rubbers like T05, r47 and Airoc S. Those rubbers worked well and felt great on my other ALC and ZLC blades. For some reason, I'm assuming from the slow gears and dampening of the blade, I struggled to loop. I probably could've made the combination work had I spent more time developing a more forward swing, forcing the ball to engage deeper into the rubber, but nonetheless, I couldn't get the corky feeling, high spin that I was used to using medium to soft rubbers. MXP did work very well with this blade. I had no problems looping, pushing or blocking with that rubber. My issues with MXP are with the rubber alone, not the combination of Treiber Z and MXP. As those who have used MXP before, it's prone to shrinkage. Accidently hitting your rubber on the table while returning a short serve, yeah, the rubber is basically trash if you need to reglue.

Yes, my ttdb profile states I use T05. I also use R42 or R47 on my backhand. But I'm currently using an Apolonia ZLC. This blade works well with the rubbers I prefer. Soft touch shots near the net aren't as dead as they are with Treiber Z. But I play a lot more consistently with the Apolonia, as it's more similar to other blades I've used.

Interesting, thanks a lot for the reply! Reason I thought you were inactive was due no posts since april. xD But my bad.
MX-P is seemingly good on the blade hmmm, maybe it just needs small adjustments. I actually started to relatively consistently land loops this friday.. So it's getting better.
Though testing some new rubbers intriguing ging too if it might give a better fit.

When you say soft touch shots are "dead" with the treiber z. I believe you're refering to the low touch shots having a lower gear?
Which is my impression too, but the same goes for the power shots, having really high gears.
Which can have it's pro's and cons, I for one think it's a really powerfull tool if used well. There are a range of shots I really love on this blade, and touch shots for me feels great, possibly better than on Hurricane Hao III. Although Hurricane Hao III was more consistent on counterloops for me.
This blade also feels better on chops and fancy shots and my lobs are great.

But yeah, what you're used to and what's optimal after mastery I think can differ. What you're used to might also give a biased preference when trying to cross reference for others.. :confused:

Though, can you tell me a bit about your later experiences with different rubbers on the Treiber z? (if you tried any more)
Like Rasanter R47 compared to MX-P. (as a fh candidate) And if you tried Nittaku Fastarc G1 that would be awesome too.
And I just thought of something, Nittaku Fastarc G1 having a higher throw... would that indicate the trajectory going more up and further (aka, easier to make shots going too far if not adjusted angle), or that but also a higher trajectory before it dips down a bit sooner? (because that latter seems much more attractive and forgiving to me) though that's more dependent on the stroke maybe...

..I'm also starting to get curious about comparing Rasanter R42 with Acuda Blue P2 (as a player who want allround play, with both consistent flicks, cuts and potential chops or chop blocks on bh side). But that's a different matter...

This user has no status.
I've played R47 on my Treiber Z on FH and R42 on BH before. I really liked the combination until I eventually moved onto other blades and rubbers just because I was getting bitten by EJ bug.

I'm currently playing G1 on Acoustic right now but I might consider putting G1 to Treiber Z soon to see how they play together. Out of several blades and a number of rubbers I've tried over the last year, I'm starting to have this renewed appreciation for Treiber Z. It's quite a unique blade with Hinoki outer. I just weighed my Treiber Z too and it's at 84g, which is quite ideal for me. If I get lazy and decide to just buy a new set of rubbers for Treiber Z, I might just go with R42 on both FH and BH. R47 was great but I think R42 will offer more control without much sacrifice in speed/spin. Plus this combination should make a pretty lightweight set-up compared to my other set-ups.