equipment recommendation

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
hello,

I used to play a lot of table tennis then because of various things i have not played in around 10 years. i would like to start playing again and need to get some equipment. i have an old blade. it is a tibhar revolt with DHS hurricane on the forehand an sriver fx on the back. The forehand is 2.2 thickness and the backhand i dont remember. i am curious if anyone would have some recommendations.

I play (played) a topspin game and could forehand loop. i liked a faster but not too fast blade and rubber combo. as you can see the last thing i tried was a sticky rubber on the forehand. i have been looking at the Stiga genesis II rubbers for forehand, and xiom vega or Omega for backhand. i would like any recommendation for blade, forehand, and backhand rubbers. thanks.

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Select any blade out of these:

- Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
- OSP Virtuoso+
- Stiga Infinity VPS
- Nittaku Acoustic

FH:
- Hurricane 3 Neo (commercial/provincial orange)
- Vega China
- Friendship Battle 2

BH:
- Yasaka Rigan
- Joola Energy Xtra
- Vega Europe DF
- Fastarc S1

I strongly recommend to stick with Hurricane on FH
You might find Sriver slow with new era balls
S1 is the fastest amongst the listed, balls will jump off the table if not properly executed

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
i have looked at the Stiga azalea. seems like a good blade. i have been considering a clipper blade as well. old, but still seems to hold up.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
why do you strongly recommend to stick with hurricane? what about some of the new version? like H8?

Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Few things:

- you are accustomed to use it
- it is still the best rubber out there for spin based by game (Top, Side, Under)
- helps keep the ball short during serve return
- Commercial version is just okay to start with and then you can upgrade to provincial orange sponge

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
IMO, Hurricane 3 is still one of the most effective tacky rubbers on the market. For us amateur players, it's a safe choice. One of the best setups for me is Stiga infinity with H3 (commercial) on FH and Xiom Vega Pro on BH. Very solid offensive setup which allows stable loops and drives on both wings, yet it's very controllable at the same time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
it has been a while since i have played. i am not sure that i am accustomed to anything at this point. haha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Thanks everyone, i decided to go with the Tibhar AKKAD blade. Not sure what rubbers yet, but i decided this is the blade i want to use. i think it is pretty similar to what has been suggested. I have just always liked Tibhar blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
first time playing in a long time. while the club was busy and i spent the majority of the time playing doubles which i really dont enjoy all that much. i had fun, i came away a little concerned with the stiga gen II M rubber. I thought that it would have a higher throw than it did. but is seems really flat to me. maybe i should have gone with H3.