Rubbers for Gauzy Quest Off

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help me here. I have bought a Gauzy Quest Off blade and I want to try out the Target Pro GT rubbers on it but I don't know which rubbers to go with I was thinking either H47 both sides or H47 FH and M43 BH. What would you recommend?

Also on a separate but still connected note what rubbers out of the Target Pro GT series would you recommend for the Calderano foco off+ blade?

Kind regards

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help me here. I have bought a Gauzy Quest Off blade and I want to try out the Target Pro GT rubbers on it but I don't know which rubbers to go with I was thinking either H47 both sides or H47 FH and M43 BH. What would you recommend?

Also on a separate but still connected note what rubbers out of the Target Pro GT series would you recommend for the Calderano foco off+ blade?

Kind regards

Really depends what hardness you want/like in general. Me, I'd go M43 both sides on both blades, but that's because 47 is just too hard for me. I really like the Gauzy Quest btw.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Really depends what hardness you want. Me, I'd go M43 both sides on both blades, but that's because 47 is just too hard for me. I really like the Gauzy Quest btw.

Well I play with Rasant Grip on my Fh at the moment which I believe is 45 and I really like it on my FH because it's great for counter topspins, heavy backspin pushes, and is great to block with. I use FX-P on my BH which is absolutely amazing when I first glue it, every time I glue a new one on everyone at my club asks me if I have changed my BH rubber, but I find that it gradually "dies" and I don't really notice it until it feels really mushy and I can still play ok with it but nowhere near the level I can play with when I first glue it.

That is why I thought H47 on my FH, as I heard that it plays quite a lot softer than the hardness stated? Then either M43 which I imagine would be about the same hardness of FX-P, again because they supposedly play softer than the hardness stated, or have a bit of an upgrade to 47 on both sides?

I wasn't sure about this though as I flipped my bat to try Rasant Grip on my BH and it felt really nice and stable and I much preferred the feel instead of the "mushy" feel I find with FX-P, plus I find harder rubbers easier to block with as they aren't as bouncy. The only problem I encountered was that I missed the end of the table a few times but that could be to do with my Rasant Grip being max thickness where as I would go with 2.0mm if I went with H47, or it could just be I needed more time to adjust to the rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Really depends what hardness you want/like in general. Me, I'd go M43 both sides on both blades, but that's because 47 is just too hard for me. I really like the Gauzy Quest btw.
Also what did you like about the Gauzy Quest?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Well I play with Rasant Grip on my Fh at the moment which I believe is 45 and I really like it on my FH because it's great for counter topspins, heavy backspin pushes, and is great to block with. I use FX-P on my BH which is absolutely amazing when I first glue it, every time I glue a new one on everyone at my club asks me if I have changed my BH rubber, but I find that it gradually "dies" and I don't really notice it until it feels really mushy and I can still play ok with it but nowhere near the level I can play with when I first glue it.

That is why I thought H47 on my FH, as I heard that it plays quite a lot softer than the hardness stated? Then either M43 which I imagine would be about the same hardness of FX-P, again because they supposedly play softer than the hardness stated, or have a bit of an upgrade to 47 on both sides?

I wasn't sure about this though as I flipped my bat to try Rasant Grip on my BH and it felt really nice and stable and I much preferred the feel instead of the "mushy" feel I find with FX-P, plus I find harder rubbers easier to block with as they aren't as bouncy. The only problem I encountered was that I missed the end of the table a few times but that could be to do with my Rasant Grip being max thickness where as I would go with 2.0mm if I went with H47, or it could just be I needed more time to adjust to the rubber?

Based on what you said, seems like H47 on FH might suit you. As far as the BH, the M43 might be a safer bet and definitely won't be as "mushy" as the FX-P, but you could just go 2.0mm in H47. I personally like to try new rubbers in 2.0 if I'm buying them.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Also what did you like about the Gauzy Quest?

I found the Gauzy Quest OFF to be very crisp and also different from any blade that I've ever tried: it's a 5-ply wood that almost feels like a carbon blade to me with it's hard outer layer that packs a punch, yet the blade has good flex and a lot of control. I think Dan's video review of the blade with Simon is very accurate. Excellent quality, nice finish and very good price.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Based on what you said, seems like H47 on FH might suit you. As far as the BH, the M43 might be a safer bet and definitely won't be as "mushy" as the FX-P, but you could just go 2.0mm in H47. I personally like to try new rubbers in 2.0 if I'm buying them.
Yes, I think I will go for H47 on FH. I think I might just go for M43 for BH and that way I can flip my bat and try H47 on BH as well to see which I prefer.

Although I know in Dan's review of the Calderano Foco off+ he said that the H47 was better as the M43 was just too soft. So I don't know if this would apply for the Gauzy off as well or if in fact someone disagrees with this?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Has anyone else got any recommendations? As I would like a second opinion before buying the rubbers for both blades and would you recommend the same rubbers for both of the blades?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Yes, I think I will go for H47 on FH. I think I might just go for M43 for BH and that way I can flip my bat and try H47 on BH as well to see which I prefer.

Although I know in Dan's review of the Calderano Foco off+ he said that the H47 was better as the M43 was just too soft. So I don't know if this would apply for the Gauzy off as well or if in fact someone disagrees with this?

I was referring to Dan's review of the Gauzy blades shot with Simon, I haven't seen his review of the Calderano blade. Dan is a high level player and he favors 47 degree sponge hardness on both wings as displayed in all of his reviews. Similarly, the pros featured in his videos prefer a 50+ degree sponge hardness on their FH and 47 on their BH. 40-43 degree sponge hardness on both wings seems to fit my level of play.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I think Dan actually plays soft rubbers.
But no offense, his reviews are not reviews.. They're extremely entertaining and captivating advertisements :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
I was referring to Dan's review of the Gauzy blades shot with Simon, I haven't seen his review of the Calderano blade. Dan is a high level player and he favors 47 degree sponge hardness on both wings as displayed in all of his reviews. Similarly, the pros featured in his videos prefer a 50+ degree sponge hardness on their FH and 47 on their BH. 40-43 degree sponge hardness on both wings seems to fit my level of play.
Ok thank you, I think I have decided on H47 for FH and M43 for BH. Have you ever tried these rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
I think Dan actually plays soft rubbers.
But no offense, his reviews are not reviews.. They're extremely entertaining and captivating advertisements :)
I have actually seen Dan play a few times and I know that he actually plays with a Stiga Infinity with T05 and yes I do have to agree with your comment about the reviews that is why I asked on here as the answers should be more subjective to my level of play

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Only the H47, two of my clubmates are using it, quality stuff and I expect no less from the M43.
That's great, thank you. Hope you don't mind me asking but what level are your clubmates, do they use it on FH, BH or both? Also what blades are they using it on?