Causing Trouble in NYC V4.0

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Ha ha ... who else would be a better candidate to interview .. I would say Robert Chen has snagged the Lead Pingpong-troublemaker !
Got off the bus and Robert Chen tells me Der_Echte is about to be interviewed for his Ping Pongism series.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The official sellfie with the Master of Ping Pongism…

r chen 1.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Thank you Der, PPH and especially Carl. I got to the secret site of the secret GoonSquad mission super late. The rest of the squad was about to deploy as they though I was gonna be MIA.

I had to fend off enemy goons but finally arrived. Got to hit with Carl for ~30mins and then I needed to ExFil PPH first and then next Rendezvous Point was Carl and Der. Successfully fought past more goons to make it back to home base safe and sound.

Tonight's GoonSquad Mission a success!! The real mission is tomorrow though, good luck Der!

Great seeing Der, PPH and Carl again tonight!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Saturday's mission is TODAY, since it is past midnight. hours sleep before a tourney? Who needs that? 4 is enough.

I am in the team tourney 4 player 20 teams max.. Who knows who my team contracted to be consultants.

We are so glad OSP showed up,, him and PP Holic really caught up on some times, Carl used his NSA Spy Phoney to navigate OSP's private Batmobile SUV through Queens and the Goonie territory.

PPH had to get home early before midnight and so did OSP before midnight lest hiz Batmobile turn into a pumpkin pulled by city mice.

Carl and I had burgers at midnight.

Great times and more to come.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Well, the tourney for our team didn't go well, we got bumped out of group with 0-2 team record.

My two singles I lost vs better players, both 5 sets. These were players at 2000-2100 level, I am glad I can now compete vs this level, even if the winning results are not anywhere near 50%. I caused them trouble and at that level in a match where no one wants to lose, it is a really good sign of my progress in 2018.

I got up at 0700 hrs after a long prior day mission at NYISC and late dinner (anyone wanna call it a midnight breakfast?), man, I really slept in right? Took 2.5 hrs to make it 14 miles to NYISC. Had time to hit a bit. Tourney finished by 1800 hrs... in comes PP Holic !!!

What do you think PP Holic had on his mind coming to club? Yeah, you got it right. Beat up on Der_Echte after he had been on his feet all day after two long days of hitting.

What do you think Der_Echte did? Of course I hit Rambo loops back and forth with PP Holic for a straight hour just out of joy to see him and hit it around !!

I do say, every damn time I think I improved and can give PP Holic moar trouble... damn it (or Bless it) PP Holic improves the same amount and is still better than me. I sound real down on that, but I really think this is better. We sharpen each other and obviously, when I was gone, we both had people to sharpen us and get us to improve, that is a Win-Win by any standard.

Anyone watching us bang it and spin it would appreciate beauty. (Der_Echte is one ugly dude, but I mean PP Holic's cut arms and Fh looping)

So PP Holic wears me out again, plays a match vs me at 25-50% power where I can barely win, has me play vs some 1900-2000 club players to wear me out even moar, then takes to table 1 where one of his TT buddies is waiting for me, an upper 2000s to low 2100s C-Pen attacker with LP on BH for a mix-it-up. I had been on my feet and wore out for maybe 12 hours at the club (not including the standing on subway).

What did Der_Echte do? I went to the front desk and had them pop me open a Corona to find my beach in NYC to power me enough to start hitting again.

Somehow I managed to find some energy and fight fight fight. I want to say I don't know how I got by this C-Pen player in 5, but I do know, I got courage to attack and controlled the point to get the chances. I wasn't doing this a year ago vs this level a player, they would have dispatched me 3-0 or a pesky 3-1.

I was ready to leave the club, but the other player and the C-Penner wanted some more of me, so I agreed to let them polish me off 2-1 in close 11-9 finish so they would leave me alone and let me exit the facility.

PP Holic and I took the long subway ride towards the location of Carl's secret trap door, we got out at a subway station a mile or two away, walked for 40 minutes in 1-2 degree Celcius NYC wind, located a Pino's pizzeria near Carl's place and polished of a monster pizza while we talked of times present and past.

PP Holic is good people, as well as the rest of the NYC Goonie crew, so everyone should arrange an adventure like this, it could happen easy with a plan or random.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Summary of NYC TT action.

Day 1 get off 5 hr bus, get interviewed and hit for 4 hours straight, meetup with Carl and stay up late like misbehaving children

Day 2 play at NYISC for 7 hours. What a great way to get loose for a tourney the next day.

Day 3 do a tourney and otherwise be at the club standing or playing for 12 hours.

Magnesium, water, and vita C really saved me. I was super cramped up on hitting side after day 2. A $5 USD investment in over-priced bottle of magnesium was worth hundreds of dollars.

Day 4 got to airport early and was a zombie waiting for airplane boarding.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The team captain was really nice and treated everyone on the team to lunch and had already paid for my tourney entry fee and table fee for the day prior to tourney.

We hit it up that day for hours. The team leader was around 1800 USATT level and asked me for a match. He got me 11-3 in game one. I was thinking oh-no... here is another one. I got it together and won 3-1. Just stay with it never give up. Too easy to do vs the crowd at NYISC.

From the pics, it looks super bright... and it is for a club. Many of the lights are far too apart, so the distribution isn't so good, but overall brightness is exceptional for a club venue.

There was time to hit with so many players and make trouble... which is getting everyone to have a great time.

42nBack Pains showed up day 2 and everyone was going to him asking about the last months. 42nBack Pains is obviously a great friend to everyone, the community there is great.

Again, I would ask everyone to consider lining up adventures like this using the forums with known posters, the TT community in NYC is awesum.