Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys!

Today we are joined by none other than the table tennis legend Michael Maze reviewing one of the most popular rubbers of all time, Tenergy 05 by Butterfly.

This is by far the most requested rubber review we have ever had, so it is finally time to find out if Tenergy 05 lives up to hype. Used by many of the top players including Timo Boll, Zhang Jike, Michael Maze and of course many others. Last week I headed to the Denmark National training Centre to pick Michaels brain about this rubber and find out why it has become so popular and what makes it so special. Hope you enjoy the video!

We would like to thank Michael Maze for the time he gave us and Butterfly for providing us with the equipment to review.

Write your in-depth review of the Tenergy 05 rubber in the TTD Review Centre here.

Have you, or do you use this rubber? Any questions, leave below guys I was so impressed and gobsmacked by the amount of feeling Michael had when playing. Some of the shots he pulled off was ridiculous!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
This was the first rubber on my right handed 4h that didn't require an adjustment period. It is a topspin machine.

My opinion, the weakness is short/touch pushing which is the most difficult to master with it. Pushing in general is also harder to control.

I would like to see a review of Tenergy 05 compared to the new 05 hard.

Reactions: romanzdk
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
This was the first rubber on my right handed 4h that didn't require an adjustment period. It is a topspin machine.

My opinion, the weakness is short/touch pushing which is the most difficult to master with it. Pushing in general is also harder to control.

I would like to see a review of Tenergy 05 compared to the new 05 hard.

What people mean by "4h" ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I already do chop blocks but they are near as effective although they appear to work well enough against the people I play.
I can see I need to improve my chop block. The big trick is to absorb just enough energy so the ball goes over the net but not bounce too far forward. That requires a fine touch.

The question I have is what force or impulse can T05 generate that a Rakza or similar can't?

Compare Dan's review of H8 with T05. You can tell he likes the T05 much better even though he didn't say anything bad about the H8. It was what Dan didn't say in the H8 review that was significant.

The big question I have is what can T05 do that others can't and would you use it in a tournament.
Obviously there are lots of people that would like to use T05.
I wonder if Maze could do a chop block like the one in the video with H8. I bet he could.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Next one Samsonov, Mizutani, Aruna? @TableTennisDaily

Aruna has been there already. It's the first one of these videos I watched and actually what brought me to TTD, I was hooked!

Also @brokenball, there is nothing in essence T05 can do which Rakza can't, but one has to admit T05 has a feeling which is very much its own. Try not smiling with the first couple of loops! If anything, it probably makes most people feel too good about their abilities.
Shame there's more to TT than looping!

Reactions: thomas.pong