Jan-Ove Waldner Bashes ITTF over Ball Change

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
yeah, during the first 6 months of the trial period
CNT already changed the training ratio of physical strength upwards to 3 times more than before, to handle the new ball which requires more physical strength
and yeah, I've seen so much more injury nowadays than before.
lots of times, the player just carries the injury into the tournament and rely on pain killers.... its so sad really

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Waldner didn't bash the ITTF. He did voice his disapproval of the bigger ball. He likes the ball he played with better.

I think a lot of people would agree with him.

hahaha, yeah, a lot of "media" people will find words to gain more hits.
in this case, disagree = bashing lol

well, should ITTF want to be honourable and remove celluliod due to the hazards issue, why don't they just make the same size ball, but no.... they wanna make it few percent bigger
and in the same token, raise the cost so much more....

somes time I see weaker players keeping up the rallies with stronger players for longer.
people will think your weaker players has improved, but I still give credit to the ball and speed/spin drop - which unfavours the stronger player

says Aging is a killer
Where is our environmental awareness

hahaha, yeah, a lot of "media" people will find words to gain more hits.
in this case, disagree = bashing lol

well, should ITTF want to be honourable and remove celluliod due to the hazards issue, why don't they just make the same size ball, but no.... they wanna make it few percent bigger
and in the same token, raise the cost so much more....

somes time I see weaker players keeping up the rallies with stronger players for longer.
people will think your weaker players has improved, but I still give credit to the ball and speed/spin drop - which unfavours the stronger player

When you say 'hazards issue', I assume you are referring to the celluloid's flammability. How about environmental impact.
Forum wisdom is that celluloid, when disposed of, breaks down over time unlike the plastic/ABS balls.
Maybe ITTF should demonstrate its concerns for the planet's future by banning plastic balls and composite blades? Also they should ensure that all rubbers can be safely disposed of will degrade when in landfill.:cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
When you say 'hazards issue', I assume you are referring to the celluloid's flammability. How about environmental impact.
Forum wisdom is that celluloid, when disposed of, breaks down over time unlike the plastic/ABS balls.
Maybe ITTF should demonstrate its concerns for the planet's future by banning plastic balls and composite blades? Also they should ensure that all rubbers can be safely disposed of will degrade when in landfill.:cool:

haha, true
we all know propaganda marketing methods
they only talk 1 sided

I remember reading recently that the change to the plastic ball also changed the size of the ball. Before, when celluloid 40, the size discrepancy was between 39.5 to 40 and the plastics had to be 39.9 to 40.4 or something like that. Quite sneaky. At least, imo, the abs balls play a lot better.