Ball Impact Marks on Son's Bat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
For most players one side is dominant to begin with ... so if he is a forehand dominant player that means most likely he has played 1000s of more balls on the forehand side than the backhand side ... hence the feeling on the FH side is is way more than the BH side ... obviously he will hit more centers on the FH side ... the BH side will also become like this as he gets better ..
in the mean time .. can you let us know what setup is he using .. that is the brand of the blade and the red and black rubbers ?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Very interesting discussion guys.

Some clarification... he uses a Nittaku Acoustic with Tenergy 05FX on BH & FH, the rubber has been on maybe a month and he plays 8-10 hours a week.

He is forehand dominant but has been working hard on looping against backspin on both FH & BH.

I've been thinking that on the BH the timing is a little off, i.e. it looks like he is reaching for the ball, not waiting enough... wondering whether as a result the bat angle is not perpendicular to the incoming ball direction, hence the top of the bat is further away from his body than the handle and that this is causing the impact pattern ?

I will relook at the pattern tomorrow when I get my hands on the bat again and he's used it a week longer to see if anything has changed.

Last edited: