want to choise a blade with close to table style!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi, I am playing with PG5, but it 's so hard and vibrate. it has a heavy head, the handle is so small, and not comfortalbe for me - my style is close to the table and i have the same forehand and backhand. I played some 5-ply of wood and needed more speed so i switch to PG5, but now i want to play with a 7-ply of wood or an ALC cheap blade (about 40-50 $). Some blade that i found maybe comport for me: Samsonov force pro black edition, TSP swat, Cliper wood or cr, SK7, Yinhe N437, Donic .. Wish your help! Tks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Im not soo good at equipment, but i think you want a fast blade where the ball leaves the racket fast and have a low trajectory since you play close to the table. I have played with the above mention clipper and it is a good blade!

Reactions: M.Hoang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Im not soo good at equipment, but i think you want a fast blade where the ball leaves the racket fast and have a low trajectory since you play close to the table. I have played with the above mention clipper and it is a good blade!

Tks so much, reviews on clipper wood is so good, and the same on samsonov black edition, i think they are all comport for me.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

My general advice is to go with a fast, solid blade for drive or hitting style close to table. (Much like the style Lula showed in his smashing practice clip) This requires a lot of precision, but when you get it, you are assassin at the table.

My other general advice is an allround wood blade, slow in speed, like All to ALL+ zone.

Why? When you counter hit or counter topspin, it is so much easier to keep it on the table with a strong swing.

Sure, when your timing gets better, you could go with a rocket setup. If you want to control the ball and still use a larger swing at the table, and ALL blade is good. The hits close to the table rob opponent of reaction time, so an overall slower top end speed is not needed as much.

It is a matter of what you want to do and what you want to become, wither requires a different style and skill set.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
tks for your advices =) this is the reason i want to try a 7-ply of wood blade , that have enough speed and good control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
i have just finding your review about sanwei fextra 7, do you think it will be comfortable with me with close to the table style? or Clipper wood with H3 like your upon comment? tks :D

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

There are a few obvious categories of play style and equipment for this.

Players like Lula who like to play at the table and pound the ball prefer a very fast, solid blade to make shots with a very low trajectory. BTY Gergely, T-Series Carbon blades and rubbers like Calibra LT or short pips are a sweet spot.

Players who like to counter-hit incoming loops while parked at the table can also use a slow allround wood blade and a modern dynamic control rubber. Any of the old classics Tibhar Power Wood, Stiga Allround Classic... whatever. Slow blade allows player to hit hard and land it. They are trying for some spin too. They use any modern OFF or control rubber.

You can find blades of either style for under $50 easily.

Force pro black edition is faster than the clipper. Sanwei fextra is also faster. Sanwei fextra has a slightly different construction because it is limba-limba-ayous-ayous-ayous-limba-limba kinda like a 7ply peter korbel. Which is the hardest and fastest? That would be the force pro black. Fextra feels a bit aofter compared to the FPB blade. Clipper is the slowest among the 3.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Try DHS H301.

low throw, fast and crisp contact but extremely controlled on touch shots.

Cheap too. On aliexpress u can find it on the cheap. Like $60 or less.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
tks so much, maybe i will buy or borrow some of them to chosse one for my style :D

This user has no status.
personally I play a similar play style and found the Clipper to be really good. It has been a great blade and I recommend it to beginning players. I used to play it with tibhar 5q and held a great feeling in close to table. The 5q is a high arc rubber which is easy to flick, counter, drive, and etc. Currently I use Koki Niwa's personal blade from tsp Aka: Swat Power, (but there are commercial ones) and use stiga genesis 2 m and tibhar mx-s since I improved quite a lot.