Limited Edition Viscaria ST with fish scale.

says PayPal as gift just choose send money to friends and...
Sep 2018
Limited Edition Viscaria ST with fish scale. Price down

Here are the latest limited edition Viscarias produced by the butterfly special order department ,where the most experienced technicians building the special order blade using the best woods. They also build blade for sponsored players and other pros. It is 93 grams with plastic wrap and the plastic is 1.4 grams. Perfect weight ,shinning golden tag, beautiful fish scale and ST handle make this one either a great collection item or a lethal weapon in battle. Sealed in original box with same serial NO. Checking on the butterfly official website with serial makes the buy no worries. All blades are hand picked by one provincial team member in China!

Price: $500->
$450 for C with fish scale . $420->$400 for B no fish scale. A is sold
Shipping worldwide included! Paypal as gift or you cover the paypal fee.Only two for sale, I will keep and play with the third one!

Special Order Department of Butterfly who build limited edition and pro's blade...

[/COLOR][/SIZE]https://imgur.com/gallery/04fTJds

Last edited:
Sep 2018
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Hi,

I don't mean to be rude but you claim to have sold quite a few blades on here. But if this was the case surely you would have received at least some feedback. However, you have zero feedback, I find this strange?

Sep 2018
The first sale here is the No,2 custom blades just shipped yesterday to Turkey. I am new to here. It has be a period time on MYtt and I will post you the link if needed. Some members use both mytt and ttd will prove that.
thanks for reading!

Reactions: SpinKing
Sep 2018
Blade A is sold. Two left and one for sale

Sep 2018
Sep 2018
hi Yes, Both B and C are still for sale and come with a better price.

Sep 2018
bumpasdas dasd

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Can anybody explain about fish scale ?
What fish scale can help?
I'm newbie.

Carl has made a nice post about this a while ago.

"Fish Scales" is the result of how they cut the wood. It is the same wood. But the "fish scale" pattern comes from when the wood is quarter sawn.

https://www.advantagelumber.com/sawn-lumber/

Here are a few images of woods that have been quarter sawn:

View attachment 12452

View attachment 12453

View attachment 12454

In general the main reason for quarter sawn is the cosmetic effect. It makes nice furniture.

From this site: http://www.hardwooddistributors.org...quarter-sawn-rift-sawn-and-plain-sawn-lumber/

And this page: http://www.hardwooddistributors.org/blog/postings/what-is-quarter-sawn-wood/

"WHY USE QUARTERSAWN?

quartersawnoak_kitchentteQuarter sawn wood has an amazing straight grain pattern that lends itself to design. Often used for cabinetry, flooring, high-end custom crafts and furniture, it is the traditional wood used in making mission style furniture. Dramatic flecking is also present in red oak and white oak. Other wood species that are sought after in quarter sawn are walnut, maple and cherry.

In addition to the desirable grain pattern this type of wood is some of the most dimensionally stable, making it ideal to work with. Quarter sawn lumber exhibits almost no twisting, warping and cupping. It is more resistant to moisture penetration and less prone to surface checking and raised grain.

More dimensionally stable and beautiful to look at? “Is there a downside to it?,” you ask. Well, yes. Because the manufacturing process results in a lower yield and is more labor intensive to produce quarter sawn lumber, the cost is higher. There is also a more limited supply because a smaller number of sawmills produce it."

So it deals with force very slightly differently. It is less likely to warp. It is much more expensive because of what they do to cut it. But the playing characteristics should actually not be that different. I have a Fishscales TB ZLF and I have an OSP V'King with a Koto top ply that is not quarter sawn and the OSP blade is the higher quality blade for sure. I have played with plenty of Viscarias with and without "fish scales" and they are not very different.

I would not worry too much about this stuff.

This is the thread where the quote was from.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?15044-Fish-scale-grain-blades

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
FYI: When I look at the photos of the blades in question on this thread, those do not look like fish scales; those do not look like quarter sawn wood. That is regular cut. You can see the grain is straight. It is not what a fish scale pattern on a Viscaria would look like. So the add for this product is a bit misleading.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Harder and higher quality with fish scales, about 10% of blades get this is what I read on prott vip

Fish scales is simply quarter sawn wood which means it is a different cut. Usually that cut is used for Furniture because it creates very nice looking grain patterns. Maybe read the links from the post Suga D made quoting me.

The reason the quarter sawn cut is more expensive is you cannot get as much wood from that cut. But it looks better. Aside from that, it will resist warping slightly better than a regular cut. And it should not play significantly different than a regular cut piece of wood. Very slightly yes. But one regular cut piece of wood plays very slightly different than a second regular cut piece of wood. So, I think the rest is how easily suggestible we are, and how the placebo effect is a real thing. :)

Fish scales look nice. But from a scientific standpoint they should not play significantly different than regular cut. A tiny bit, yes. But not more than a tiny bit. And whether that tiny bit is better or worse is totally subjective.

But, again, it looks nicer. :)