Trainig plan for defender

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Do you mean exercises? And What kind of defender are you? Long pimple blocker or Joo se heuk defender?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This might sound lame, but try getting a copy of the IITF coaching manual used to get coaches qualified as level I and level II.

It is much easier to get one of those than the Top-Secret invisible universal Korean coaching playbook... You could capture a Korean coach, but good luck trying to beat it out of them... then when you try a friendlier approach and attempt to get them drunk, they will drink you under the table and you won't know what hit you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Okey! Im pretty sure defenders Do very easy exercises. Like loop against forehand chop, loop against backhand chop and then make them harder. Like one forehand chop, one backhand chop or two, two and then even harder with exercises where you Do not know where the ball is coming like one or two in forehand and backhand or loop against chop over the whole table. If you want to be good at chopping that is What you should Do! Maybe also make them Do one loop and one dropshot and so on. But i think you should try to become a modern defender with more attacks, hard to win nowadays with just chops. Good luck!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Thanks)

I know that I must became modern defender but I dont know how to get good offensive skill and what rubber to choose

Just start looping with forehand? Then send us a video and we can help you. If you learn to chop with a slow rubber, then you can chop with any hard rubber that would be good to loop with. Joo se heuk use tenergy 05 i think and a friend use nittaku fastarc sucessfully.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think you already have pretty good offensive skills :) The forehand loop in the training video looks good in my opinion. I think you should try to loop some in the matches to, but maybe the rubber is to slow? I think it will be to easy for the opponent when he knows he always going to get a chop, if you mix in some loops he will not be ready to loop at backspin every time and that will make it harder for the opponent. I also think it would be good if you practice to loop when you get an easy ball back so the opponent can not just play it back to soft and expect a chop.