Rubbers for Nittaku Acoustic

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
I recently tore off a good part of Tenergy 05 by hitting a table corner, while trying a half-long loop. Quite a sad and expensive moment, since the rubbers were just a few weeks old. Anyway, I then continued to play with a Nittaku Acoustic blade with MX-P rubbers I had lying around for a long time, and was pleasantly suprised with how good it felt. Maybe even better in the short game than a Viscaria with T05, which can sometimes be unpredictable. The smaller handle on the Acoustic is fine too. I have medium small hands (medium 8.5 - 9 in men's gloves), so no issues there.

I started wondering, are there any other offensive rubbers that fit the Acoustic quite well? Maybe the grass is even greener ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Some great choices here, thanks for the input. I might give one of the Xiom rubbers a go next time. Maybe Vega Pro. Never tried those, but heard many good things about them. Then again Andro Rasanter R47 looks nice too :)

Reactions: thomas.pong
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Hi, depends about your preferences mainly, but I think after a Viscaria and T05 combo any setup with an allwood blade would feel controlable. I would give this suggestions, they weren't given yet:
- Hexer Powergrip;
- Donic Bluestorm Z1/Bluefire M1;
- Tenergy 05 Hard;
- Among others!;

I would prefer medium-hard/hard rubbers! ;)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Everyone has their sweet spot for their kind of impact given a type of blade...

Every rubber series has a whole range of hardness. Some have only 3, some have more. You have to know what is what as everyone calls it something different, then to make it more difficult, one company's hardness for even the same name of hardness may differ. The topsheet pip structure, how elastic and how dynamic is the topsheet are big factors to go along with the sponge. You pretty much have to try them out live to know.

My sweet spot on most 5 ply or 7 ply blades with feel are modern dynamic rubbers in max sponge that are medium to medium soft... so I can produce loaded, nice high-arching topspin shots... Below are a few rubbers that would be my sweet spot.

T05 (don't use, too expensive)
Vega Pro (overall just the right firmness or softness)
Vega Japan
Sigma II Euro (not as soft as Euro implies, so it is in my zone)
Karis M or + depending on blade (Yeah, it is very linear, but controls spin well, it is the only linear rubber I like)

There are boatloads of other suitable rubbers, way too many to list.

There isn't really a simple answer we can say even if we know your play level... You may have different impact dynamics than the prototypical player of a certain level. Seeing a Video is better, but it isn't absolute.

Reactions: Jirrex and whocarez
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Your Tenergy was a few weeks old, if you play 4-5 hours a day, it only had a week left anyway. 100 hrs is the deadline for T05.

MX-P does not play nearly as hard as the sponge is rated. It is another example of the need to try rubbers yourself live before you can know. That is why it is good to tryout a couple minute hits with anyone who is will to lend you their bat to try.

This user has no status.
Your Tenergy was a few weeks old, if you play 4-5 hours a day, it only had a week left anyway. 100 hrs is the deadline for T05.

MX-P does not play nearly as hard as the sponge is rated. It is another example of the need to try rubbers yourself live before you can know. That is why it is good to tryout a couple minute hits with anyone who is will to lend you their bat to try.

Is this true ? 100 hours for T05... is it the same for T05FX ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Hello.

Amongst xiom 7 europe, rakza 7 and rasanter r42, which is best for top spin brush looping and all-round playability on both wings and also lightweight?