Evaluate the rig. Blade- Stiga Infinity VPS V ;FH- DHS Hurricane Neo 3; BH- Donic Blu

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I started playing an year and half back and used to play intermittently in a local club. Initially I used a very basic rig of FH- Mark V HPS ; BH- Mark V and Blade - DHS SR-A.
I wanted to upgrade my rig to the above format. How will it perform?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
One of my favorite setups at the moment is Stiga infinity with 39 degrees H3 Neo on FH and Xiom Vega Pro 2mm on BH. My racket is about 180g, average weight. This setup is not super fast. It has good control, but has a fairly high top gear. It's great for topspin attacks from both FH and BH. Blocking is great too. It has little vibration and decent feeling (although not as good as something like Nittaku Acoustic).
H3 Neo is great for service, short game, and topspin. Lifting backspin is super easy. However, if you are not familiar with hard tacky rubbers like H3 Neo, you will struggle at first. H3 Neo is more sensitive to spin and requires more precision than Mark V, so it is noticeably less forgiving than Mark V.
Xiom Vega Pro is a fast tensor rubber. It should be similar to Donic Blue P1. It's great for lifting backspin and blocking with BH. Chopping is decent too, which I occasionally do over the table. Vega Pro is also great for flips and loops, but my techniques are not consistent enough at the moment.
Overall, this is a great setup. To me, there isn't any serious drawbacks. But keep in mind that this racket will probably be heavier than your current one, as H3 Neo and Vega Pro are both heavier than Mark V (which is a light rubber).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
One of my favorite setups at the moment is Stiga infinity with 39 degrees H3 Neo on FH and Xiom Vega Pro 2mm on BH. My racket is about 180g, average weight. This setup is not super fast. It has good control, but has a fairly high top gear. It's great for topspin attacks from both FH and BH. Blocking is great too. It has little vibration and decent feeling (although not as good as something like Nittaku Acoustic).
H3 Neo is great for service, short game, and topspin. Lifting backspin is super easy. However, if you are not familiar with hard tacky rubbers like H3 Neo, you will struggle at first. H3 Neo is more sensitive to spin and requires more precision than Mark V, so it is noticeably less forgiving than Mark V.
Xiom Vega Pro is a fast tensor rubber. It should be similar to Donic Blue P1. It's great for lifting backspin and blocking with BH. Chopping is decent too, which I occasionally do over the table. Vega Pro is also great for flips and loops, but my techniques are not consistent enough at the moment.
Overall, this is a great setup. To me, there isn't any serious drawbacks. But keep in mind that this racket will probably be heavier than your current one, as H3 Neo and Vega Pro are both heavier than Mark V (which is a light rubber).
Yes it is might be a bit heavier but not uncomfortable I hope. Any idea how Bluefire m3 might perform

This user has no status.
If you are used to Mark V on BH, Bluefire M3 should be faster and spinnier (also slightly heavier). But control should still be very good, since M3 is fairly soft. Flick, loop, and lifting backspin should require little effort on BH with M3. It's a quality rubber and you can't go wrong with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Just bear in mind that the hurricane rubber has a different feel and mechanics on the way it is used compared to mark v.
Yes I do understand that. It is supposedly harder and has higher gears than an European rubber. Since I am still developing my technique I believe it will help me have better control on my game

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Ok will surely try it. Thanks. I have been playing against a lot of choppers lately so have some experience with brushing while looping
Ok. You need to develop your brush contact more with hurricane 3. Practice thinly brushing the ball when looping or receiving serves and also engaging the sponge while brushing when doing stronger loops.