Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Tomokazu Harimoto Innerforce ALC
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 05

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 529 Times in 324 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by bircham boi View Post
      Ah, trying to understand the English psyche!

I'm English. (At least, I was born and raised there, been back and lived there, and next year moving back again for a while.) Many, many of my friends were/are English. Over the years I've worked with loads of English people. All of which qualifies me (I believe) to define the English as arrogant, humble, overbearing, unassuming, dismissive, helpful, cold, kind, aloof, warm, humourless, funny, quirky, conventional, unrealistic, down to earth, obnoxious in victory, unbearable in defeat, and generally nice people (apart from the ones who're not).

And I suspect my assessment is rather more accurate than FruiLoop's typical American ignorance. Whoops! Did I just make an uninformed sweeping generalisation?
      Your sweeping generalisation may have been more accurate had I been American.

Expecting your national side to sweep aside a good Serbian team whilst missing your best player, and be so surprised at it, it is worthy of creating a thread. How would you describe that if not arrogant? This is not the Chinese national team we are talking about.

2. Top | #22
      This user has no status.

Established TTD Member Country: Australia

Equipment:
      Forehand Rubber SP
      Backhand Rubber SP

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 140 Times in 63 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by FruitLoop View Post
      Your sweeping generalisation may have been more accurate had I been American.

Expecting your national side to sweep aside a good Serbian team whilst missing your best player, and be so surprised at it, it is worthy of creating a thread. How would you describe that if not arrogant?
      Quote Originally Posted by FruitLoop View Post
      This sounds like typical English arrogance to me.
      One thread created by one English person and you want to label ALL English people as arrogant? Really?

PS I think the clue to what's really going on here is the last word in the topic title.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12