England Men disappoint

This user has no status.
Ah, trying to understand the English psyche!

I'm English. (At least, I was born and raised there, been back and lived there, and next year moving back again for a while.) Many, many of my friends were/are English. Over the years I've worked with loads of English people. All of which qualifies me (I believe) to define the English as arrogant, humble, overbearing, unassuming, dismissive, helpful, cold, kind, aloof, warm, humourless, funny, quirky, conventional, unrealistic, down to earth, obnoxious in victory, unbearable in defeat, and generally nice people (apart from the ones who're not).

And I suspect my assessment is rather more accurate than FruiLoop's typical American ignorance. Whoops! Did I just make an uninformed sweeping generalisation?

Your sweeping generalisation may have been more accurate had I been American.

Expecting your national side to sweep aside a good Serbian team whilst missing your best player, and be so surprised at it, it is worthy of creating a thread. How would you describe that if not arrogant? This is not the Chinese national team we are talking about.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Your sweeping generalisation may have been more accurate had I been American.

Expecting your national side to sweep aside a good Serbian team whilst missing your best player, and be so surprised at it, it is worthy of creating a thread. How would you describe that if not arrogant?

This sounds like typical English arrogance to me.
One thread created by one English person and you want to label ALL English people as arrogant? Really?

PS I think the clue to what's really going on here is the last word in the topic title.