Ma Long's first match since his injury - 2018

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Yes!!

His TT IQ and mental strength (that's because he's one of the goodies :p) are off the charts, it's not as if he always relied on muscle strength. I could see a Pirlo-style (or take any other of your picks) adaptation to a successful and classy end of career. He's sure got the swagger, and I kind of see in him the same good-natured attitude and love of the game you need to make it far and late. CNT politics, on the other hand, is maybe the biggest threat...

Anyhow, not sure if it was clear but I've got very high hopes that the best matches are yet to come!

Also, in this post I meant and apparently forgot to type "the same good-natured attitude and love of the game" as Timo Boll, whom he openly admires. I mentioned Pirlo for the sheer longevity and change in style with time (and less for the personality), but everybody knows that it is easier done with a football than a table tennis ball. :eek:

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Ma is great however I doubt he will beat Fan if they meet in finals in Korea

Even if I thought the same I would never say such prophecy loud on this forum, not two weeks before the event. You are risking being kicked by TT God of Unpredictable Results who makes LJK one day the best player in the world (beating several players from WR top 10 including #1 FZD) and next week loosing to random WR top 100 opponent, the same with Mima Ito and many players before... If I learned anything about TT in last 12 months it is to never predict results based on yesterday matches. It starts zero zero and only current moment decides. Just sit, take your popocorn, beer and watch;)

Reactions: Suga D