Speed of swing and switching with a head heavy set up

jvl

This user has no status.

jvl

This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Put a lighter rubber on one side. Something like nittaku fast arc c1. 43gr cut to 158mm height of blade (same as korbel). That and some tape on the handle. You’ll be amazed at the change. That changes only one variable and will really help your shoulder, wrist, elbow. Good luck. Rakza 7 is heavier by at least 5 gr. barracuda by even more. If you really want to go lighter change both sides to fastarc c1. It is a very spinny rubber with great control and durability. Don’t change the korbel, it is a classic.

edit: i just wanted to add a little note to everyone under 30 who is telling the OP to warm up, get fitter, go the gym etc.... make the most of your youth while you still have it ;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
edit: i just wanted to add a little note to everyone under 30 who is telling the OP to warm up, get fitter, go the gym etc.... make the most of your youth while you still have it ;)

I agree with you that this is a very important point. Buuuuuuut we're telling OP to warm up, get fitter, go to the gym because it will EXTEND OP's youth, or anyone's for that matter. Most everyone I know that makes an effort to be healthy and stay in shape (the combination of those two is what is important) will stay in shape and function like a young person well into their 60's or beyond. Side note, I ran a 5k with my grandmother (who is 76) this weekend. When it comes to taking care of your health and your body, better late than never is a key statement :D

This user has no status.
Hey here's my two cents. I think right now since you are used to a head heavy blade, and you test out a more balanced blade for a short amount of time, it will feel great and easy to swing around. But once officially switch to a balanced weight blade and stop using the head heavy blade, you will get used to the balanced blade and it will not feel fast or easy to swing after awhile. You might as well stick with the setup you have.