Trying a chinese rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
729 battle II allowed me to improve my forehand stroke a lot. Even if it would cost twice as much I would still consider buying that rubber again. I feel that I 'understand' the forehand stroke. By 'understand' I mean I can switch the racket with someone and just play forehand in similar consistency as with my own rubber.

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
This phenomenon is very normal for new Chinese rubbers, especially DHS. The factory uses a little bit of adhesive to make sure the protective sheet stays on the rubber. The adhesive evaporates very quickly once the protective sheet is removed. Many online and physical retailers in China warns new players about this, so they will not be shocked by the extreme tackiness of new rubbers (or be shocked that the tackiness fades so quickly).
I suspect some complaints surrounding H3's irregular tackiness, tackiness fading, or QC problem could actually be related to the fading of the adhesive from the protective sheet. The rest are probably due to counterfeited DHS rubbers...

I am not sure if that's 100 percent correct. Maybe they add smth to protect the rubber from the factory to the point they are sold, maybe that's the effect of vacuum sealing, which presses the rubber to the the plastic super tightly allowing it to bond very hard and when you use it for the first time it preserves the effect, but I don't think there is any glue used for protective sheets for tacky rubbers. Sheets are not sticky at all and are just simple plastic film. You can make them yourself by cutting some transparent binder covers and they will do the job. And will stick to Chinese rubbers without any problem.

The tackiness of the rubbers is because of the different structure of the Chinese rubber. If I remember correctly, the difference between euro and Chinese rubbers is because Chinese rubbers are made of long polymers, which stick to micro irregularities of the ball.

In my case, the supper tackiness appeared for a well used rubber, at least some 3 months if I remember correctly...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Ok, I guess it could be something else. Just out of curiosity, did you ever clean the rubber with rubber cleaning fluid or water during the 3 months of super tackiness?

Depending on my gameplay intensity and ect.. I use Donic once in a week on average. And nearly after every training, I use the same sponge but with water

20180418_131839.jpg

It wasn't 3 months of super tackiness. It was normally tacky and on one instance after some 3 months of regular use or so, somehow it became super tacky and then that disappeared. And the rubbers became as tacky as usual..